Chapter 44

I put on a black round neck t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants. I put my foot into the only pair of sneakers I owned. Luckily that too was black. I tucked my cornrowed hair into a black bandana and made sure that it was tightly wrapped around my head. I know you thinking "what's up with the black? Are you going to rob a bank of something?"
Nah Sis,Daniella had instructed that we put on all black for our mission. I don't know why she felt like this was a movie or one of those cliche things but we all just decided to go with it.

I took my phone from the bed and tucked it in my pocket together with a black handkerchief and of course,the key. I said I quick prayer to God,asking him to protect us and protect the children we were going to save. Sighing,I took the brown envelope that had some evidence of the children's kidnap that I had gathered so far from from wardrobe. Daniella had said that it would be right to give this to the press as evidence. Then,I opened my door quietly. Everywhere was quiet and all the lights were off. Walking without making much noise,I went to the kitchen and opened the back door, I looked around the compound real quick and was relieved to see that Amuzu was not around.

Then,I sneaked out of the kitchen and run to the back gate. It squeaked as I opened it but luckily it didn't attract Amuzu's attention. Then I went out of the house and closed the back gate behind me,making sure to lock it at the back so I could open it easily when I came back.

I then run to the front of the house and peaked in the metal bars. Amuzu was sitting on a plastic chair by the gate with a small radio on his lap. I quickly hid behind a hedge before he could see me. Then,slowly,I walked further away from the gate to the side of the house. I leaned against the wall,tapping my foot on it as I waited for Daniella.

A few minutes later,I saw a black Bentley coming towards the house. I  straightened up a bit as I tried to look into the windshield. The car stopped in front of me and the window rolled down.
"Franklina?" She whisper-yelled. I nodded and she motioned for me to come over.
I opened the back seat and sat in the the car. Something about the air condition and music playing slowly in the car relaxed me immediately. She turned and looked at me. Even though it was dark,I could see that she was a gorgeous lady. She had on a black turtle neck blouse,a black scarf and some black Carter glasses. A woman with class,I'd describe her.

"Girl you good?" She asked in an expensive accent.
I nodded with a small smile.
"Okay then,let's get your boyfriend." She said as she changed the gear to drive.
"Urh he's not my b-boyfriend.." I said,the smile still on my face.
"Girl puh-leazzzeee" she said dramatically as she hummed to the song.
A few houses away,we saw a figure in black standing near a house. I began to smile as the headlights made out the familiar features of Christian. She stopped,rolled the window down and asked if it was him. Christian said yes and she signaled for him to come over.  He opened the back door and sat down.

I couldn't hold myself back so I gave him a big huge. He hugged me back and I held back the tears as his familiar scent hit me.
"Okay you guys can continue the lovey-dovey thing after we get those kids." Daniella interrupted and I pulled back from the hug shyly.
"Okay look. Here are pepper sprays and pocket knives. We are not going to harm anyone but keep this in hand. If someone tries to attack you use this on them. Do not use the knife until it is important." She said,handing them over to us.

"We've got this okay guys? We are going to get those children out of there. My guys are already there and they have surrounded the house. They will enter and get the children out and we will wait for them at the back of the house to get the children safely to the van. If anyone tries to harm you use your weapons—I have two bats at the back of the car and I'll give those to you too. If the person is stronger scream for help. You see this?" She asked pointing to the small pearls on her shirt,"one of them is a camera to capture the whole rescue. It will be given to the press as well. Look out for each other,we've got this." She concluded. Giving us a small nod, we sped away.

____________________
Thank you for reading this chapter. Please remember to like, comment and share. Thank you.

Xoxo,
Arianna