("breakup")

HC#130: She finds tabloid reports that they supposedly broke up. They laugh about it together.

「 First posted on Wattpad: Jan. 11, 2021 | Last edited: Jan. 12, 2021 | Rated T | 2,091 words 」

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

It's around ten in the morning when Tzuyu stirs. She kind of hates that she wakes up the same time every day, regardless of how late she turned in the night before. If only it were possible to reset one's body clock.

She tries to stretch, only to feel strong arms around her waist, keeping her from moving. She glances over her left shoulder and finds her boyfriend still sound asleep, black bangs falling in a silken sweep across his forehead. He somehow manages to wrap himself around her even more tightly, and Tzuyu has to smile even in her own post-waking haze.

She turns in his embrace so she can face him more fully. He's cute like this, Tzuyu thinks. He does not snore, and she is lucky in that regard. Her unnies often complain about what a pain it is when their boyfriends sound like motorboats in the middle of the night, so Tzuyu is grateful that hers is a pretty quiet bedmate. He does, however, sometimes sleep with his mouth open. Like right now. She smiles, reaches over to brush back his bangs from his eyes, and lightly kisses the mole on his nose.

Taehyung grunts as if annoyed, closes his mouth, and continues to sleep. Tzuyu chuckles to herself.

This is a rare Sunday morning they get to spend indoors. It is snowing outside—his favorite season, having been born in winter—and she knows the first thing he'd want to do when he wakes up is to burrow even deeper into the covers and cuddle.

Maybe she'll make him strawberry pancakes and some hot chocolate later... when he finally releases her from his hold. Even after two years, she still hasn't quite gotten used to the snake-like grip he has around her. (He's said more than once that he needs a pillow to help him sleep, and the first night they spent together, he asked if she could be his pillow instead. She agreed at the time because it sounded sweet. ) But then again, she's not exactly complaining.

Tzuyu gazes at him for a few more moments. It is rare for her to get to do this, to take in his beauty. The world knows him for his explosive charisma onstage, or how he consistently puts models out of work in magazine spreads, but Kim Taehyung sound asleep—free from the shackles of a performer's persona, just him at his most guileless—is something that only she, Chou Tzuyu, is privileged to see. It is a view that is meant for her and her alone, and she relishes this thought more than she cares to admit.

After a few minutes, Tzuyu realizes she needs to tinkle. She tries wriggling away from him, to no avail; he just keeps embracing her tighter. "Oppa," she says softly, deciding to wake him up, "I need to get up."

Taehyung slowly, painstakingly—and Tzuyu can really see his struggle here; she bites her lip to keep herself from laughing—cracks one eye open. "W're you goin'," he asks, still half-asleep. His usually low voice is even lower in the morning, and it sends delicious shivers down her spine because he sounds even sexier than usual. Yet another Taehyung thing only she is privy to.

"I have to pee," she answers. "I'll be right back."

"Mmkay," Taehyung says, loosening his embrace. "B'quick."

When she returns to the bed, he automatically opens his arms for her to lie down into, and folds them around her again. Then he continues to slumber.

Tzuyu lets him.

In the meantime, she reaches over for her phone on his nightstand. Now seems like a good time as any to browse Naver articles.

She breezes through the K-Pop section. There is a nice write up on TWICE's Inkigayo win, and she's really happy about that. (She sends some screenshots of the excerpts to their KaKaoTalk group chat.) Not surprisingly, most of the features were Bangtan-focused, including one on SUGA's pictures that BTS kept carrying around in their concerts and stages when he was recovering from surgery. (She spends some time reading that because it was something she has repeatedly mentioned to Taehyung in the last two months; just how many of SUGA's pictures did their agency have made?)