Chapter 17 - Go Fuck Yourself

Panic Attacks, hallucinations, blood

After that night JJ kept an eye on your the best she could while still working the case from the BAU, Aaron had called you one night and he said they ended up moving stations because the unsub fled the city and he was now about 2 hours away from you. 

"Call me if it ever happens again, okay?"

"Okay. I will, I promise. I'm sorry I have to put you guys through thi-"

"Don't you dare. You are 1000% fine Princess. Is it okay if I talk to Jack before he goes to bed?"

"Definitely, Jack!" You called the little boy into the room and handed him the phone. You got up and brushed your hair while watching him look at you, tell Aaron 'yes' then leave the room. You chuckled softly because he thought he was being sneaky and it was adorable.

Putting your hairbrush down where it lived, you hydrated your face and took a drink of water before finally coming out of the bathroom. Jack walked back in the room about the same time you did and he handed you the phone again, "go get in bed I'll be in there in a second Bub," the boy nodded and walked back to his room down the hall while you put the phone to your ear again. 

"Are you sure you don't need me to come home?" Aaron asked calmly.

"Yes, my love. I just..I'll be okay," you reassured him and there was a calm silence until he spoke up again.

"You should get some sleep, call me at any time if you need anything." With that, you hung up and set the phone down. You rubbed your eyes and sat there for a few minutes before remembering you needed to tuck Jack in before he fell asleep. Standing up, you stretched a little before leaving the room.

The carpet was soft but you knew half of it was dog fur, which you would need to vacuum before it caused Jack's allergies to fly. You walked into the room and felt the temperature shift from decent to warm the second you passed the threshold. You walked over to Jack, who was laying in bed, and tucked him in his blanket. You tickled his sides and he squirmed a little with a giggle before you kissed his forehead.

"Get some sleep, I'll be in my room if you need anything alright?" The boy nodded and you smiled, "goodnight, Jack, I love you." You walked toward the door and clicked off his light, his nightlight illuminating the room.

"Goodnight Mom, I love you too."

The word he addressed you as made you freeze in the doorway, your back still to him but you turned your neck and watched him close his eyes to fall asleep. The corners of your lips angled up ever so slightly as you shut the door a little to trap most of the heat and you went back to your room. 

You grabbed your phone from the bed and messaged Aaron the conversation you just had, still smiling a little. You didn't look at his response that was sent an hour later because you had fallen asleep.

The next day was going smoothly, Aaron said he'd most likely return home today, which both you and Jack were excited for. You handed Jack his sandwich you made him for lunch and you sat down on the couch, "aren't you gonna eat, Mom?"

You still didn't know how to feel about Mom, it was new, random. You didn't want to disrespect Haley even if she was dead but at the same time..she was dead and an ass. You also didn't know how Aaron would feel about it, if he would get mad. You didn't correct Jack or questioned him, he felt comfortable and he was old enough to choose his own addresses for people.

"No, I'm not hungry."

"You didn't eat yesterday either.."

"I did too! I ate dinner with you!"