Chapter: 5

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln

——————————————————
3 years later...
1989

Alex was surprised by how time went by so quickly, he remembered when he just got to San Antonio 3 years ago, and since then he has lived there. Maybe it's true what they say, time flies quickly when you're having fun.

Over the next 3 years, Alex was now 18 years old, and Chris was 20 now. He has gained another 2 inches in his height making him 6'2 now, which he taunts Chris about it, and gets an insult.

Alex became an expert at playing the guitar, after a while, he started to practice the guitar for the past 3 years nonstop until he knew he was good at pressing the fretting strings and tuning the guitar at a good level.

He was glad to see the status of Selena y Los Dinos skyrocket high as her music became more frequent on the radio. This was something he was happy to hear and see.

Both he and Chris decided that it was time to leave the motel and instead ventured all around San Antonio, TX.

With the money, they have made from helping out small bands and the other money that he had in his wallet. They managed to buy a 1988 Chevrolet Corvette.

They didn't have anywhere to stay, so instead, they went to different motels and resided there for a while before leaving and doing the same thing.

Alex developed a brotherly bond with Chris. They both have been through a lot together from bad to good.

Chris decided to stay with Alex, and that was something that surprised him but accepted since he was grateful for it.

He got to hang out with his idol.

Alex was also surprised he managed to turn 18 years since in his era he died when he was 15. That was an accomplishment on his part.

Maybe God did answer his prayer, and life was going well for him but for some reason, he felt a weird vibe that today was going to be unexpected... And that didn't sit well for him.
.
.
.

Alex wiped the bead of sweat that poured from his forehead, and the summer heat wasn't helping.

He grunted as he picked up a crate from the pickup truck that was stationed a couple of feet away from him.

"How many are there left?" A voice called out from behind Alex.

Alex turned around and looked at Chris, who was in the same condition as him, as in sweaty.

"I've already placed 35 out near the post, and there's only 15 left," Alex replied as he went over to get another crate.

Chris nodded his head, "let's finish this quickly so we can get paid."

Alex didn't have to be told twice, he wanted to get out of this scorching heat already.

Thankfully, it only took a couple more minutes before they finish placing all the crates near the post.

"Phew... That's all of it." Chris exhaled in relief. Alex walked next to him and also sighed in relief.

"I'm covered in sweat," Alex touched his wet tank top. "To make it worst, I smell like a sewer."

"Don't worry, for now, we can wait for the owner of the factory," Chris replied, as he tried to fix his messy hair in a man bun.

They waited for a couple of minutes before a person arrived, and they felt relief upon seeing who it was.