38.

Yang Jeongin is waiting at the foot of his bed when Chan returns home. One of Chan's shirts hangs from his torso loosely. Chan smiles, "Hey."

    Jeongin looks over. "Hi. Lucas let me in."

    "Oh really?" Chan says, placing his dress shoes in his closet carefully.

    Jeongin nods. "Yeah. He's a nice kid."

    Chan smiles as he unbuttons his white shirt, "Yeah."

    "How was Mrs. Lee?"

    "She's good," Chan nods, turning to Jeongin. Jeongin looks at the boy's chest. Noting to himself that he can freely do this whenever now, and he won't have to rely on only seeing it in his daydreams.

    "Jeonghan knows her son. Crazy world, right?" Chan laughs.

    "Yeah," Jeongin dreamily smiles, still glued on Chan's abs. Chan pretends not to notice. Gawking is a respectful duty.

    He pulls an old sleep shirt over his head. It falls midway down his thighs. After changing into flannel pants, he turns to the younger boy.

    "Jeongin."

    "Yes?"

    "Can you help me write a report?"

    Jeongin puffs out his bottom lip. "I thought you were going to say something romantic."

    Chan laughs, wrapping his arms around the boy and resting him down on the bed. "I can't be good at everything, baby."

    "Shut up before I confess my undying love for you," Jeongin tries to shake out of his grip.

    "Do it."

    "Will you let me go if I do?"

    "Sure."

    "Then I love you, Bang Chan," Jeongin stops wriggling to look the boy in the eyes.

    Chan kisses him, though it doesn't last long because his smile is far too wide to contain. "I love you too."

    But instead of letting him go, Chan keeps him close.

    "C'mon, you said you'd let me go," Jeongin whines, resuming his fight to break free.

    "I don't recall that, actually."

    Jeongin huffs, though his heart flutters and he smiles.

    When Chan let's him go, he feels cold and slightly lost. "So will you help me with that report?"

    Jeongin nods, "Yeah, what's it for?"

    "Relocating Sokju."

    "Where to?"

    "A prison cell, preferably."