The Body

I finished eating a burger at Marc ́s house and realized it was 11:20 pm. I had to head home to mom since I was the one taking care of her. So I told Marc, I had to leave early.

"Stay longer bro, let's play another game of ​Call of Duty,​" Marc said. "I have to go, my mom's sick," I replied.

Driving home, I realized how much I wanted to stay and play another round. I quickly felt guilty about this thought. My mom was sick and all I was thinking about a game.

When I arrived, you could faintly hear my mom coughing. I peeked from outside the door. "How are you feeling?" I said with a nervous voice.
"I think I'm hanging in there"
As I headed to my room she mumbled "Thanks for coming home early."

I felt appreciated.

Walking into my room, I noticed it was completely cluttered. I didn't want to clean it up but I knew I had to. But first, I was going to take a nice relaxing bath.

I let the water run, so the tub would fill with hot water. When it filled to the brim, I poured some of my mom's shower gel so it could create bubbles. Before I went in, I connected my speaker to the Bluetooth. When I got in, the water smelled, acceptable. I played some slow music and felt very relaxed. ​I really could stay here forever, this was the most comfortable I've been​. I've had so much on my mind lately, mainly the worry for my mom's health. I've spent a lot of time trying to take care of her, trying to help her get better. But it's as if she already knew what was coming. She knew that sooner or later she was going to depart from earth. It all made me feel sad and useless.

I feel so calm right now. No one and nothing is bothering me. As I'm getting really sleepy, I close my eyes and take a rest. I fell asleep really quickly, but I started feeling the water getting higher up my neck. I instantly opened my eyes, just to be sure I didn't slip into the tub. I felt so loose and light but the fact that I was slipping could not leave my head, so I just simply took my arms out into the sides of the tub for support. Now I could really relax with nothing concerning me, ​it was time for me to let go of everything​.

As soon as I closed my eyes again, I started dreaming about my mom, it was so bizarre. I could see her in another body, she looked so ethereal and beautiful. I realized as she was

holding me, it was her soul. I could recognize it. All she was telling me was that everything would be fine, that I shouldn't be worried or stressed out about the future.

All of a sudden she was gone. I saw darkness.

Suddenly, my mother's hand appeared out of nowhere. I couldn't see a face or a silhouette, just her wrinkly, freckled hand. I took it, something inside me told me I had to. She pulled me into a dark space with her. I couldn't feel anything, not cold or hot, not happy or sad. I felt I was just simply there. I couldn't hear anything but the voice of my mother, so sweet and delicate.

"Are you ready?" Said my mother in her pleasant voice. "Ready for what?"

I could feel the warmth of her touch as she was guiding me. We got closer to a small white dot, she grabbed it and told me to look at it. I listened to her, confused, I took it and I looked at the gleaming light inside the dot.

I woke up.

I had fallen asleep in the bathtub. I don't know how much time I was in there but quickly I got out. After that dream, I had the need to go check up on my mom, so I dried myself and put on comfortable clothes. When I arrived at her room, she had fallen asleep. I walked in to give her a good night kiss.

That's when I couldn't hear her breath.

I was losing my mind, I tried to wake her up. "This can't be happening," I told myself. I went into my room to find my phone, I needed to call an ambulance, I was panicking.

As I went for my phone, I saw someone in my bathroom. Nervously, I took slow steps to see who it was.

I couldn't believe it! there was a body in the bathtub. I couldn't move, and my mouth had dropped.

It was me.
I felt so disoriented, what was happening?

I remember my dream about my mom. Was that my mom leaving this world and taking me with her? Was this both our time?