𝖔

zero | Healer

The banging on the door cause Tui to jump at least five feet into the air. Glancing at the time, the girl furrowed her eyebrows. She could have sworn that there was an Agni Kai match going on that afternoon. Everyone was attending it, and that was the only reason that Tui was left to mind the shop by herself. Why else would you allow a twelve year old loose in a healers shop?

The knocks sounded on the door once more, as Tui threw it open angrily, ready to give whoever it was a piece of her mind. She was coming, but she just had to find a stool to help her unlock the door and heave it open.

"I was...oh," She blinked a few times, as General Iroh (the brother of the Fire Lord) raced into the room with a body in his arms. Her jaw dropped. "Oh my..."

Tui closed the door and followed the general into the back room, where the man was already placing the body onto the table.

"Please, help me," Tui stuttered at the man's voice, her eyes darting between General Iroh, the body on the table and then back to General Iron. "You're a healer, aren't you?"

"In training,"

"Details, details," Iroh smiled kindly, before leading her over to the boy. "I know that you are able to do this. I just need the bleeding to stop and for the swelling to go down."

"Is that Prince Zuko?" Tui's jaw dropped, as she tilted the boy's head and began to examine the wound. Luckily, burns were one of the first things that they taught you about when training, especially when you lived in the Fire Nation. "What happened to him?"

Iroh shook his head, handing Tui things off of the shelf. She sighed, before getting to work, cleaning the blood off of the unconscious boy's face util she could see the wound beneath it. When she did, the girl almost puked at the sight of it.

Prince Zuko's face looked as if someone had set their hand on fire and pressed it to his eye. It was sickening that someone would do that to a thirteen year old at all, let alone the crown prince.

Shaking out of it, Tui continued to clean around the wound and then began to make a poultice to go on it, preventing any infection from setting in and stopping the swelling.

"I can't do much," Tui admitted, as she lifted his head to bind the wound up. "The wound's too severe for me, probably even the palace doctor as well."

"Thank you," Iroh smiled, before leaning down once more to pick the teenager up. The prince looked tiny in his uncle's arms, and Tui nodded. She saw them out, but Iroh turned around before she could close the door. "Come with us."

"What?"

"We need a healer with us to help Zuko and I don't know how to help him," Tui thought for a moment, looking back up at the Fire Lord's palace and then at Iroh and the prince in his arms. After a moment of consideration, Tui nodded.

"All right. I'll come."

Hiya,

Short prologue just so that you get a rough idea of how Tui met Iroh and Zuko. 

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think,

Love Li xx