CHAPTER ONE

Warning: blood and gore!
______

"Happy birthday to you" My mother sings in pure joy as I made a wish and blew the candle in the small cupcake. Mom clapped and greeted me happy birthday as I thanked her and we started eating in peace. The table was soon engulfed with silence the only thing heard is the utensils clicking against the plate.

I'm now 21, and still don't have the life I wanted.

I tear rolled down my cheeks as I saw my mother eating the left over food we had last night. She have a smile plastered in her lips but I can see sadness written all over her face. It's hard for me to see my mother like this. We can't even buy a descent cake for my birthday.

I grew up with a happy family. It was all good at first but as day pass by my mother and dad loose interest with each other. My mom did her best to fix what ever going on with them but my dad was stubborn and didn't listen at all to the point that he left us for another girl.

My mom loooked at me with her brown teary eyes glistening under the light. She held my hands and squished it a kind act that means 'everything will be fine' She tried to open her mouth and say something but no words came out. I nod and continued eating my food to distract my self from crying even more.

"S-sorry" She said between sob and the tears I was holding back came flowing down my eyes like a water falls. I tried to wipe my tears but even tho I try to it's no use, She already saw me. The joy vibes with shared a while ago was replaced with sadness. The table was filled with us sobbing.

"S-sorry, p-p-please forgive me. I-if only i-i was rich enough to b-buy everything for y-you, i-i would b-but-" She tried her best to say it properly between sobs as I cut her off there. I stood up from the floor and hugged her. I let her cry in my shoulder as we let it all out.

"I-its fine. I can celebrate m-my birthday without th-those. Aslong as i-i have y-you it's all fine" I gave her an assuring smile and she did the same.

°. °. °.

The cold wind kissed my skin as I tried to wrap my self with my small jacket. My mother was beside me sitting as we wait for the bus to arrive. Yesterday was not the best because we just cried the whole night. Even tho yesterday was just my birthday I need to go afterwards because the next day will be the start of class.

I was applying to some jobs I can find in the internet and luckily I found one but it's from another city so I need to take a bus and leave my mom alone here, I need to get this job to feed me and my mom. Thanks to the help of my kind neighbor who is good enough to even let me borrow her computer. She said I can't have it but I refused.

"Did you bring your phone? Spare money?" She asked as I showed her my phone and money. She nod and gave me a tight hug as I did the same but more tighter. She nudged my shoulder and we laughed together. "I'm going to miss you my baby boy" she said cupping my cheeks as a tear rolled down her eyes. I immediately wipe those away.

"Mom, No crying today." I say and she laughed it off and wiped her tears.

"Haha, Right" she says standing up and grabbed something in her pockets. I stared at her as she took my hand and lay a ring in my palm. I gave her a confused look as I stared at the beautiful ring. "Take care of that ring for me will you?"

The ring was breath taking. It was a gold ring with a big circle red in the middle which I assume is ruby. My eyes were huge in shock as I stared at the ring and back to my mom. How did she get this? Did she buy this?

"H-hey mom! W-why are you suddenly saying this! It's sounds like your last wish! And where did you get this?!" I said stomping in the ground. I glared at her while pouting. She laughed and it made me more confuse.