Chapter Five

Merlin didn't even know what I was doing when I found myself at the Headmistress' office door, but when I knocked, Hamplin opened the door and smiled.

"I knew you'd come for my help." She told me, proudly.

"Don't believe that this has to do with me being helpless and unknowing with what to do with my son. I am open to any ideas, but in the end, I may disregard them. I hope you understand." I told her.

"Of course, I understand. It's been your personality since the fifth year. I've taken note." She said.

We sat down at her desk and she pushed a piece of parchment towards me.

"I think this should say most of my plan. Should you accept after explanation, I will send it." Headmistress said.

I took the piece of parchment and looked down at the neat writing;

Dear Headmistress McGonagall,
To begin, my name is Principal Hamplin, charge of Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I write on behalf of one of our teachers, Professor Raven Snape. As a plan to help her own son, Colden Aecis, find a balance in his personal attitude, we would like to send our professor and her two children to continue work and studies at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This is to help Raven and her children remember and learn of a past that is important for them to know. Raven has been through so much as a child and she has surpressed it to a level where she has lost herself. Whether she sees it or not is unknown, but I believe that she needs to find herself again. Finding herself will help her children understand the woman who raised them.
I await your owl,
   Principal Hamplin

"I thought this was just about Colden. Why are you bringing me into this?" I asked her, pushing the parchment back.

"As I said earlier, your children don't know the real you. They know a charade. You must remember those days long ago so they do not become conflicted about their own personalities."

"There was a reason I came here; to try to forget. There is a dark past at Hogwarts and just being in the same region as it causes me pain. They don't need to know the horrors of Hogwarts. They don't need to know that their mother was in a war, fighting for the wrong team."

"And yet, a part of you, deep down, believes you fought for the right team. That is the part of you that your children have not met. It's the true part of you."

"They don't need the pain that the real me brings. My father was a brilliant wizard. The Dark Lord was like a father to me when my father failed to be one. My aunt was the only one who truely understood my devotion to the cause we fought for. The death eaters were family when mine failed to be there for me. They were friends when I lacked some at school. And now they're all dead. Every single person that I cared about died in that war. My children don't need to know of this." I explained plainly.

The headmistress nodded, looking at me, as if I had something to add. As if she was expecting me to say something else. I sighed and shrugged.

"You can send the letter. But my expectation will be that McGonagall will accept my children, but not me. It's common sense."

With a smile, the headmistress put the letter in and envelope and walked over to a sleeping owl to my right that I never even noticed was there.

"Take this to Wizarding Post." She told him.

I watched the owl take the letter in his beak and flew out an open sky light. I left soon after that. I knew that my children would want an explanation long before the day they left. I couldn't do the same thing my father and Dumbledore did to me. I sent quick owls to Colden and Iliana to meet me in my office. As I waited, I graded some potions papers that I had somehow allowed to pile up from the past week. I put all the focus I had at the moment to be as I usually was- harsh and precise.