The Arrival

Hadrian pov

I walked out of the training arena filled with sweat and dirt, which for a prince is not the most convenient get up. But I guess the taste of victory made it a little tolerable. 

Beside me, Daman cursed under his breath. Losing twice in a row didn't sit right with him at all.

I let out a low chuckle. Sometimes Daman still acted like a little kid.

"You know the warriors have already started to arrive for the gathering" Said Daman probably to change the topic.

I did not know that, I tried my very best not to associate with anything happening in the palace, again being the prince didn't help.

"No," I said

He nodded knowingly as if he had already predicted that. I tried not to roll my eyes."Two groups have already arrived" He sighed

"Both from New Merphis they say"

"This whole thing feels so wrong," he continued

"You think we are stepping into our own trap," I told

"I don't think, I know," said Daman

He was not wrong, I had no idea what my father was planning, but he most certainly has not thought this through.

The sound of yelling stopped us in our tracks. It came from the smaller back gates, used by the workers and soldiers to enter. I started to walk in the direction of the sound.

"They can handle it," said Daman trying to pull me back

"Either come or leave me alone," I said sternly

He pursed his lips and followed.

__________________________________________________________________________

The girl leaned on her horse, playing with her dagger in her one hand.

Her sword was secured on her belt and an arrogant smirk on her mouth. 

Her companions were still on their horses, two girls, and three boys.

Our guards were trying to reason with her but looked pretty intimidated themselves.

"You see, I and my brothers and sisters are not moving an inch until you find a real stable for our horses," she said, and her horse made a sound.

she stroked her midnight black horse at that.

"Don't worry Storm, I am sure they didn't mean to offend you" She flipped her dagger in her hands and the guards shifted uncomfortably.

I looked at her with amusement.