English version

【Mini Novel】Eng〇Esp〇中〇Fra**********************Unforgettable Person**********************Written & illustrated by Libera CaballoEnglish 〇 Español 〇 中文 〇 Français

Mini Novel】Eng〇Esp〇中〇Fra
**********************
Unforgettable Person
**********************
Written & illustrated by Libera Caballo
English 〇 Español 〇 中文 〇 Français

Some people, the first time you meet them, you know that you will never forget them in your life, and she is one of those.  I remember when I first spoke to her she told me that she had just tried to kill herself.

It was Christmas Eve, at that time, I was studying medicine, and at leisure I worked in fashion store, because I could work while reading books there.  That afternoon, when she entered the store for the first time, she wore a chic black wool coat and sunglasses. She was tall and elegant, just like a model.

When I recommended a coat to match her style, she said, "No matter how beautiful I am, it's useless. My husband doesn't want me anymore. He has another woman!"

I was stocked and immediately remembered a breast cancer patient during my internship.  She had a nine year old son.  When her husband had an affair, her breast cancer came back and spread to the lymph.  My professor comforted her and said, "The past is over. Look forward and live for your son."

So I asked her if she had any children (it turned out that she had a five-year-old daughter), and then i repeated what my professor said to console her.  I also told her that buying new clothes might make her happier.

Maybe it was my sincere attitude, we then talked about her recent situation, she also bought several clothes, and left a contact number at my request in order to inform her when we have new items.

After that, I did not forget her. I really wanted to know if she was well and I wanted to give her some encouragement.  So I called her on New Year's Day and wished her to have a new hope and new plans in the new year.  She was very moved because she said she was thinking of committing suicide again just now!

Several days later, she came to buy some new clothes.  She had a new haircut.

After that, she came to buy some new clothes.  She said she joined the church.

A few weeks later, she came back to buy some new clothes.  She said she joined a support group for single mothers.

A few months later, she said that she had found a new job, and that time she added a lot of work clothes.

For the last time, she looked excellent. She said, "Today I saw a girl with scars on her wrists. I told her, 'No man is worth it!' " Continuously, she said, "The reason why I said to the girl abruptly, because I knew that a stranger said abruptly, the impact was stronger than a thousand words of my families."

After I heard it, I felt relieved, knowing that she was well, and would pass her experience and enlightenment to those in need.  Great!

At this moment, a classic song of Nat King Cole is being broadcast. "Unforgettable, that's what you are. Unforgettable, though near or far......"

Today is the day I officially sign the paper for divorce, and I think of her!