Chapter 9

~a couple weeks later~
Davina and Paul could go home after being in the hospital. Once they settled in Melody was sleeping in her bedroom. Davina and Paul sat down in the living room. Then Melody started to cry. Davina was about to get up. "No I got it" Paul said. Davina nodded and sat down. Paul walked up to Melody nursery. He then walked inside the nursery and saw baby Melody crying. Paul picked her up and craddled the little baby in his large hands. "What's wrong Mel" Paul asked. Melody was still crying and Paul pulled her to his chest and kept her close. "You probably hungry" Paul said. Because Davina started to pump milk into bottles so Paul could feed her, he got a bottle. Melody soon started to drink the milk. Her eyes opened a she drank the milk. She looked at Paul. Paul smiled at her. When Melody finished Paul burped her and carried her downstairs. Davina was watching TV. Davina looked at Paul and smile when she saw the baby in his arms. Davina took Melody in her arms. Paul sat next to her. He made funny faces to Melody. She began to look confused. Paul smiled at her. He took his small baby girl in his hands and just looked at her. Davina put her head on his shoulder as Paul admired his daughter. "She's so beautiful. Just like you" Paul said. Davina blushed and smiled. Paul turned his attention to Melody. Melody was a very small newborn baby. Melody began to coo at Paul as if she was talking to him. Paul smiled a her. He kissed her cheek and Melody smiled. That smiled made a Paul and Davina heart flutter with love. It was night time and Paul didn't want Davina to do any work because she had just gotten out of the hospital. Paul was taking Melody to the nursery. He began to slowly rock her back and forth. Melody looked at Paul before she yawned. Paul smiled. Melody soon fell asleep. But as Paul was about to put Melody in the crib Melody began to whine. Paul sighed knowing she am didn't want him to go. So instead Paul took her to his room and laid her down in the middle of Davina and him. He carefully got into the bed and smiled at Melody. Melody fell asleep and Paul fell asleep as well. While sleeping Melody would move around. Paul had his hand near hers. And Melody grabbed her mom and dads finger and fell asleep. Paul opened one eye and looked and smiled. He desperately wanted a family with the love of his life. He didn't have any family to love him. And he wanted to give his children the library he never got. And he was grateful for Davina coming into his life. Accepting him. And even giving him that one thing in the world that would complete him. But would this happily ever after last?