iv.

Selena is walking through the street after lunch she just had in a diner when she hears it. Sirens are ringing and they are coming closer. She frantically looks around and then she sees a few police cars, a fire truck, and an ambulance driving past at a high speed. Something in Selena's mind tells her to start running so she does. She runs in the direction the cars are going. The sirens stop and she spots the cars. She walks onto the parking lot and looks around for what they might be here for. Then she sees a few policemen standing beside each other and looking up. Selena looks up and sees a man standing on the ledge. She can see that he is wearing dark blue jeans and a white shirt with a blue and yellow jacket on top. She looks around the building and spots the side door. She runs towards it and inside, up the stairs towards the roof. She opens the door and steps onto the roof. She turns around and sees the head of the men poking out behind the small concrete block that leads to the stairwell. She drops her bag beside the concrete block and looks over the ledge at the men. "Get away from me." the man says as soon as he sees Selena. "I just want to talk." she says. "No!" the man yells while shaking his head. She sighs. "It would make it easier if I knew your name." Selena says. The man doesn't react. "What do you do for a living?" she asks. "I said leave me alone!" the man screams again. Selena sighs and looks down. She sees that another car has arrived. A black car, followed by a little white bus. There is some lettering on the hood of the white bus. Selena squints her eyes to try and make the letters out, but she is too high to make them out. Selena looks back at the man who shifts his feet forward. "Don't." Selena says and some kind of instinct takes over and she steps on the ledge. She hears the man panting heavily. "Whoa! Great view of the Washington Monument from up here." she says as she looks at it. She looks back at the man and he looks at her. "Tell me how I can help you." she says. "I don't want help!" the man says as he looks down. Selena sighs once again and looks down. She is really high up. She can't make a mistake cause she won't survive the fall if she does.

"Okay, so what you want to do is gain his confidence here, boss." she hears a familiar voice says. "He's been out there for a while. He's obviously having second thoughts." the same voice says. "Stay." another familiar voice says, closer this time. Selena looks to her right and sees Agent Gibbs. When he spots her he frowns. Just her luck, she wanted to help someone and he just had to be in the Navy. Selena gives him a small smile. "He won't give me his name." she says softly to Gibbs. Gibbs turns back around. "Is that Parker?" DiNozzo asks with a slightly opened mouth. Gibbs looks at him and he closes it. "Boss, you know, we could snap a picture of him with a cell, e-mail it to Abby, get her to run in through photo recognition. If he went to the Acadamy, we get a quick I.D." McGee says. "Do it." Gibbs says. "Me?" McGee asks. "It's your idea, McGee." Gibbs says. "Right." McGee says and he starts to carefully approach the ledge. Selena sees him climb on a set of fire stairs in the corner of her eye. He clings to the fire stairs as if his life depends on it, while he is literally five inches above solid ground. "Boss?" McGee says. Selena extends her right arm. "Give it to me." she says and McGee hands her the phone. She points the phone at the guy beside her on the ledge. "Don't come any closer." the man says shakily. She takes the photo. "What are you doing?" the man asks angrily. "You wouldn't give me your name." Selena says and she hands the phone back to McGee but before she can pull her hand back somebody presses something in her hand. She turns her head to the right and sees that it is DiNozzo. He gives her an encouraging smile. Selena glances at her hand and sees that it is an earpiece. She unsuspiciously reaches her right hand up to her right ear and puts it in. She looks back at the man and he shifts. She spots something grey. Her eyes slightly widen as she realizes what it is. She looks up and tries to act as if she just didn't see anything. "Miss Parker, he's got a gun." she hears McGee says through her earpiece. "Yeah, yeah. I know that McGee. I just saw it." Selena says as she pretends to scratch the side of her head so the man can't see her talk. She spots DiNozzo to her right who is pointing a gun at the man. She turns towards the man and sees David on the other side, also pointing a gun at them.