Episode 5 ~ Close Conciliation

⚠ warnings⚠
~ harsh language
~ slight gore
~ sexual situations

Deku's hand skillfully glid across the paper, making the pen in his grasp write out letter after letter and word after word.

He moved uncomfortably in the bar stool that he sat at before sighing to himself and continuing the write in his book.

The book itself looked tattered and worn. Almost like it had been through some sort of explosion. Each page had barely any blank space left, as it was filled to the brim with his neat handwriting.

He continued to write notes and comments under the sketch of a girl he had just drawn.

The title read,

'y/n l/n'

'age: 16?'

'height: short"

'quirk: ...'

Izuku sighed to himself. He hadn't realized his lack of knowledge on the girl until he started to write about her.

The tip of his pen stopped at the word 'quirk'. For some reason he couldn't make himself write down exactly what she had told him. It's not that he didn't believe her, he just felt like he had to see it more in action.

The black pen created a dark circle of ink as it laid upon the paper, leaking through a few pages. The boy knocked himself out if his train of thought and cursed to himself when he had realized.

"You still writing in that book?" A voice said from across the bar.

Deku looked up momentarily, locking eye contact with Dabi before he dropped his head back down to his book.

"Yeah.. something like that" he mumbled.

His finger traced over the ink spot that was now dried in his paper before his eyes focused on the word closest to it.

"Hey Dabi" Izuku said, still not making eye contact with the man due to him still being in deep thought.

Dabi was silent in response which was normal.

The green haired boy looked up at his comrade, his eyes filled with confusion.

"Is it possible for someone to have two quirks?"

Dabi's breath hitched in his throat as he almost choked on his own saliva. Izuku was intrigued by his sudden change. He didn't mean to invoke that response from the man but he couldn't help but be a little curious as to why it did.

Deku held eye contact as he awaited an answer.

"Is this about that girl you've taken an interest to?" Dabi asked

The man daringly took a few steps closer to Izuku, his hands in his pockets as he did so.

"What was her name...y/n?"

The green haired boy growled internally and stood up from his seat. He slammed his hands down in the counter in front of him, the noise echoing through the room.

For some reason her name leaving his mouth just didn't sit right with him.

"Dabi." The boy warned.

His eyes flashed black for a split second before they went back to emerald green.

Dabi sighed and backed up a bit.

"Yes it is possible..."

Deku slowly sat back on his stool as he listened to his words.

"It is very rare but possible. I've seen it before. If she actually has two quirks then that means her parents should each have one of them." Dabi said, crossing his arms over his chest as he brought back recollected memories.