chapter 1

Tw: Abuse (it hurt so much writing this... :(

Aesop's Pov. (Most of this is in his pov.)
After my mother died my life truly became hell. Between being bullied at school and Jerry I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I was currently sitting in my room drawing so flowers in hopes to distract myself.
"Aesop come here! We have a guest!"
Jerry yelled from the living room. I got up and started walking to the living room. I figured this was going to be another one of his tricks on the sick or injured. He acts like a good person but in reality he intentional kills anyone who is sick or majorly injured. It's sick. He finds it satisfying. It's truly terrible. He thinks that I will fullfil his job when he's gone. I refuse to continue such treatment. I enter the living to see a blind old woman on the couch. I look at her sadly but no one could really notice because I've gotten used to concealing as much emotion as possible. Especially after the abuse. In the past anytime I showed to much of an emotional panic he'd scream and hit me. After that I've just learned to hide it. Very rarely am I able to cry and let it out for a bit.
"Aesop can you take her to the guest bedroom." She slowly stood up and I took her arm careful walking her to the bedroom. He says it's a guest room but that's were he injects them with Bromine Hydrate. He usually forces me to watch even though it's sickening. After the lady lied down on the bed Jerry walked in. He shut the door and locked it. He then went to the desk in the corner which is where he kept everything. I silently make my way to the door in an attempted to leave. I was about to unlock the door when I heard a very stern 'where are you going?'
I turn around and look at him while he stands next to the bed.
" I was going to go back to my room and finish my school work." I lied in hopes he would drop it.
" You can finish after first I want to show you how to inject this. You've watched enough I'm sure you're ready to actually do it."
I stood there horrified. I was doing my best to stay calm but I think some of the panic was starting to show. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand leading me to the bed. The closer we got the more I felt like i panicked. I could feel my body tensing up. He put the syringe in my hand and guided it to the old woman who was asleep. I barely poked her when I broke. I pushed Jerry off of me and started crying and pleading to let me leave.
" I don't want to be apart of your Madness! You sickening! I can't kill someone how do you expect me to just kill someone!" I was about to run to the door when he grabbed my wrist tightly. Fear started to rise as I realized what I did. He slapped me as I struggle to break free. I eventually was able to run to the door and get out. My wrist hurt but at this point I didn't care I just needed to leave. I ran out the door and just kept running. Eventually my running came to a stop as I ran into someone and knocked both of us to the ground.
"I'm so sorry. I truly am please, please forgive me!"
I was so busy apologizing in didn't realize the person I ran into was crouching down looking me full of concern.
" Are you alright?" The person had a very noticeable French accent. I looked up but all I could do was stare. I was too afraid of responding. He looked like a young adult maybe 20? He spoke again.
" What's your name?"
" Aesop..."
He nodded and stood up reaching out a hand to help me up. I hesitatently took it.
" I understand if you don't want to talk much but you're wrist looks injured and there's a cut on your face is it alright if you come with me so I can tend the wounds?"
I nodded. At this point anything to keep me from going back. He started to walk and I followed next to him. I wasn't really paying attention to our surroundings untill we were at this house. I was huge and very pretty. I looked around and noticed we must have been in a rich neighborhood. All the surrounding houses were quite large. He opens the door to the house and let me in. The main entrance was beautiful. I looked around at everything around and was in awe. I didn't notice that we went to grab an aid kit.
" The kitchen is this way. I can heat up some tea if you want." He offers gently
" That would be nice. Thank you."
I walk with him to the kitchen. He pulls a chair from the table and I sit down in it. He starts cleaning up my wounds. I apperently got a scrap on my knee that was bleeding. It must've happened when I ran into him. I flinched slightly due to the stinging. When he was done he went to the stove and started heating up water.
" Would you like peach or raspberry leaf tea?"
" Umm I've never had those. I haven't had a lot of tea in general. Make whichever I'm sure I'll like it."
He nodded and continued
While i was sitting there i realized he never told me his name.
“ umm sir, I just realized you never told me your name.”
“ oh, excuse me, I'm sorry. My name is Joseph Desaulnier.”
His last name truly gave it away. He was definitely french. He came back to the table with two mugs filled with tea.
“ I gave you the raspberry leaf tea. If you want honey or lemon juice in it I can go get some.”
I nodded and took a sip from the mug. It tasted quite good. To be honest I don’t know what I expected but not this.
“ Mr. Desaulnier this is a very large house are there other people her?” there was a slight tint of sadness and hesitation before he responded.
“ you call me Joseph and i sadly live alone. My mother father and my younger twin brother all pasted from illness about 14 years ago. Ever since then I’ve lived alone. I got involved in all the art. I landed on Fencing and Photography.”
“ if you don’t mind me asking how old ae you? I thought you were about 20. It would seem that would be incorrect unless they died when you were 4.”
“ flattering really but i’m 34. My brother was the first to go when he was about 16. 4 years later my parents.”
“ I see. I’m really sorry for running into you. This was probably not what you wanted to do today.”
I was about to get up but he stopped me.
“ I may not know what happened but I promise I don't mind and I mean you no harm. If you need a place to stay i have plenty of room and i might have clothes that will fit you.”
I looked at him confused. Not many people want me around. Well normal no one wants me around. The only one that did was my mother but she’s sleeping peacefully with the yellow roses. I stood there trying to decide whether I should stay or not. In the end I agreed to stay at least for now. Staying away from Jerry would be nice. He took me to a upstairs bedroom and said I could sleep there.
“ Before you leave can i ask why you are doing this?”
“ to be honest you look like my brother. I know he’s gone but if i could help someone else in any way i will. When they all got sick I felt like there was nothing I could do and it made me feel horrible.”
“ I know how that feels. My mother got incredibly sick with an auto- immune. She had this doctor that she thought was kind and loving. She also thought he was helping. One night he injected her with bromine hydrate and killed her. Unaware of all of this I was left in custody with him. There's more that happened. I'm afraid I’ll start crying again if i continue.”
“ it’s alright. You don’t have to share anything you’re uncomfortable with.”
“ thank you. Again.”
“ you’re welcome. Also it dark out and i'm sure you’re exhausted. I’m going to get you a change of clothes and soup if you wish to shower.”
I nodded as he left the room.
Sat down on the bed and looked around the room. The bed was super comfy and the room was pretty big. Bigger than the one he was staying in previously. The bedroom door was on the left wall next to a book shelf. The wall in front had a bathroom and a closet connected to it. The right was a terrace and in the center against the wall was the bed and to the right in the corner was a desk. I walked over to the closet. I was curious on how big it was giving the size of the house. I opened the door and saw that I was a walk in. I walked inside surprised to see clothes? And shoes? The was a shelf on the wall with shoes on it and a bunch of clothes that was hung on hangers. Even more curious I looked at all the clothes. They were sort of small to be fair though Joseph himself is sort of small and Feminine looking. I assumed they were his when he was younger. Which is probably what he meant when he said he had clothes. I wonder why he kept them though. They all looked very victorian which is what his clothes now looked like now. I heard the bedroom door open and close I assume he returned. I walked out and he set down a basket.
"There's soups and I found some pajamas it took me a minute because I forgot where I put them and there should be clothes in the closet that fit." He said kindly. I lied for I think the first time in a while.
"Thank you! I really do mean it."
" You're truly welcome Aesop. Oh I was wondering how old are you?"
"16...I realized I never told you my last name.  My full name is Aesop Youngman. (I picked a random last name with a 'y' because Carl isn't his actual last name) Jerry kept trying to convince me to change it to Carl but I refused. For 7 years he's been trying to do that...anyway I'm sure you're tired as well I'll let you go to bed."
He nodded. He looked concerned but started to walk towards the door but stopped.
" Aesop this may be an odd request but please be careful. Try to treat those clothes gently. They were Claude's and that all I have left other than a few photos."
" I will. I'm reckless. Well not usually but I will do my best."
" Thank you."
And with that he left. I looked at the basket and took it to the bathroom so I could shower. After I finished I went to the bed and made an attempted to fall asleep. And pray that I'm still here when I wake up.

(1953) words
Ahh this was a long and pretty sad chapter but it's not going to stay this sad. Thank you for reading. Also yeah again I changed some of the ages and stuff. Tbh Joseph actually being a good father figure for Aesop is ideal. Again this is definitely not an Aesop and Joseph ff. Honestly hate that people ship them. Friends or something like that is fine but as ship is not okay.