18 - Twitchcon pt2

After about 30 more minutes of mingling with everyone and talking with them, the meet and greets were finally going to start. I had walked over to my stand. Wilbur wasn't too far from me, which was good. Everyone was pretty much doing their own thing though, all spaced out.

I had taken pictures with my fans, hugged them, talked to them, signed autographs for them, received gifts from them, etc. It was all great.

It was all going very well. I was happy. Everyone seemed really happy too. Maybe I was wrong about the bad feeling I had the other day about this. What could possibly go wrong?

I was having a great time and had thought nothing was out of the ordinary until I saw a familiar face in the line waiting to meet me.

My abusive ex.

I don't know what to do. If I call security, I'll be causing a scene and people will worry. Then eventually I'm going to have to explain my entire backstory on what happened with my ex and me on social media, and I don't want that..

But if I act like everything is completely normal and greet him like anyone else, no one will suspect anything, right? 

Can I do it though? This man abused me for years. He broke me. He's the reason why I'm anxious and overthink constantly. I don't think I can face him. 

There were 5 people in front of him. Oh my god. He was coming up sooner than I had thought.

Do I text Wil? Will he even answer his phone? I don't know what to do.

I'm going to text Wil. Hopefully, he responds in time...

Els💝

Help. My ex is in line to see me. I don't know what to do.

A couple of minutes go by, and no response from Wil. There were only 2 people in front of my ex and my fake smile turned into a bit of a worrisome expression. I had to keep up the happy act in front of my fans though. I wouldn't want anyone to worry.

I look over to Wil's stand since he's within eye distance, and he isn't there. I see him talking to security, and they're coming my way.

Thank god he had seen it just in time. My ex was the next person to go in to see me.

Did I want this though? Now people are gonna want an explanation..

I'm not going to give them a full one. Not until I decide I'm ready.

The guards walk over to Daniel (my ex). "Sir, I'm afraid you're going to have to leave."

"No, That's not happening. I'm simply a fan here like everyone else, who deserves to meet the precious Els." Daniel says, looking at me. I couldn't get myself to look at his way.