Chapter 1

Alfred opened up his mailbox, taking our the mail. He grabbed the last one and smiled, noticing it was from Kiku.

  "Ey boy! What ya smilin' about?" A man asked, looking over his shoulder, startling Alfred.

   "O-oh! Uh, I just got a letter from my boyfriend in Japan." He said, grinning. The man smiled and placed his hand on Alfred's shoulder.

  "Ah, a long distance relationship eh? Good luck to ya both. It's almost the new year. People are talkin' about 2000 bein' the end of the world." He said, taking his hand off of his shoulder and walking off. Alfred inhaled, glancing at the ground. The new year would be soon, atleast a few months away. He shook his head and closed up his mail box, walking back home.

  Opening up the door, he unzipped his jacket and took off his boots. Sitting down on his couch, he flipped through his mail.

   "Taxes, taxes, taxes, I'm a country everybody knows that why do I have taxes?! There it is!". He muttered, finally finding Kikus letter. Excitedly, he opened it up.

  Dear Ally,

    How have you been? The new year is coming up. I hope that what they all say isn't true. You know, all that end of the world stuff. But never mind that. I read your last letter. Oh how much I miss you aswell! The next meeting is in two weeks, but even so we'll only be seeing eachother for almost three days! I love you so much Ally.

                     ~love, Kiku Japan Honda

  Alfred sighed and leaned back, holding the letter close. He couldn't wait to see Kiku.

   "God, I should write back." He whispered, standing up and grabbing some paper, a pen, and an envelope and sat down.

  "Dear Kiki..."