The Unexpected

"I swear!! I....will never rest until I get my.... revenge... I will never rest until I get my revenge...."

Yeah! It's a bit confusing... why do I want to get revenge ? That's a long story but let me cut it short...

FLASHBACK...

Dear diary,
Today is a new day, a new beginning. Things are going to be different. Though born a Vampire, I couldn't manifest my powers.

Today I'm turning 18, which means my aging will stop and my powers will be unleashed.

Today, my future will be revealed by the Fairies. It's not like they were going to stop by my doorstep...they passed on their message using the Dark Knight.

The Dark Knight was known for being ruthless. The leader of the Dark Knight, named General Sworn, was cruel, merciless and unforgiving. Everyone feared him in the Underworld. I wonder who created such a beast of a man.

The Fairies could foretell the future, they claimed to the know the destinies of every individual in the Underworld. I knew it was false. I could never trust the words of a fairy.

They determined your fate as a Freeborn or a Slaveborn. Being a Freeborn was an honour, but being a Slaveborn, was a misfortune. Not only were you taken in as a slave but your whole family was going to be drained.

       Still writing to my d.d, I heard loud noises coming from outside. The noise of horses galloping towards our villa. My family was one of the most prestigious families in the UNDERWORLD, so it was a norm for us to live in a 'grand villa' .

The noise outside became more and more violent and from the sound of it, only meant one thing, the "dark Knight" ,they were ready to give the announcement.

     This when my life is going to take a new turn, I just hope the Fairies won't mess around with my future.

I hurriedly kept my diary in my secret box, I kept it hidden from all eyes except my dad's, he was the only person I ever cared about. He was actually the only one I had left. My mom died while giving birth to me. Everyday, the thought of this keeps hunting me, maybe she died because of me.

Running down the stairs, not caring if I  would slip or not, all I had in mind was, 'my destiny is down there waiting for me',  Knowing how cruel the Dark Knight was, I didn't want to keep them waiting.

"Kish! be careful...you may fall.."dad smiled, as he watched me run down the stairs like a child, ready to be rewarded.

"Papa! you always worry about me...." giving my dad a warm hug.

Though my dad showered me with so much love, he didn't forget to discipline me. I was disciplined and well trained in sword and archery. I wasn't just brave and courageous but I had a strong will. I always got what I wanted.

I hurriedly left my dad's embrace to my own corner, around the living room.

     The leader of the dark Knight, General Sworn (G.S), marched up to our living room, holding in his hands a scroll, it was actually called the Holy decree of Saints.  What a name!!

" Bow down and Pay respect to the Holy Decree!!"  G.S said, rolling down the scroll, my dad and I knelt down, paying respect to the scroll, it was a tradion which was supposed to be respected when the holy decree was read.

            Tulips and roses are different as well as their source, the same as free-born and slaveborn have different backgrounds. Kim Dashwood, first and only daughter of the Dashwood family,from today onwards your fate as a slaveborn.....

      The word slaveborn was like a heavy blow on my face. Is this a kind of joke or what? I'm sure it's just a dream. I can't be a Slaveborn. Those Fairies!! They even dared to sabotage my future. I won't spare them for this!

I looked at my dad whose face was full with disappointment. My instincts were never wrong, there was a mistake somewhere.

I ran towards my father.

"Dad, it can't be true... Something's not right...I think it's a conspiracy!! "

The Dark Knight soldiers were before me. I couldn't resist them, after all, I was powerless and even though I was good at fighting, I don't think I could confront all this men, who were sophisticatedly armed.

"I'm sorry my child, but if this your destiny, then just accept it..."

"But dad, it's not..."

The Dark Knight soldiers dragged me outside to an old carriage.

I can't believe they want me to step into this old crap.

"I'm not getting in there..."

"Ofcourse you will!! " Said the masculine voice which came from behind.

I turned to look at the daredevil... It was General Sworn. He threatened my dad with his sword pointed at his neck.

My dad resisted and that's where the fight begun. It wasn't supposed to happen this way.  It tried freeing myself from the soldiers grip but to no avail. I needed to help my dad get rid of this bastard.

And then it happened...

To be continued.....

        ***************

Hi...to my dear readers, hope you're anxious to see my next chapter. I'd your comments, encouragement and votes. Love you all❤️❤️❤️"

                                         By Tiger S.