You're Ethereal and You're Divine

Logan holds the knife tightly as he spreads butter along the soft corn bread. He sets this half with the other dozen or so halves, moving on to finish the last few.

The scent of velvet creeps from the stove, reaching Logan's nostrils as he lets out a content sigh.

"You love to bake, don't you?" Keegan had asked him once as he handed a bag of chocolate chips to the younger man.

"It was always special, baking with my mother. When she passed, it became therapeutic." Logan answered, smiling softly to himself.

"I like that." Keegan had brushed his nose against Logan's cheek then, taking in the younger man's warm scent.

Logan smiles at the memory, brushing his finger tips against the spot Keegan had brushed his nose against.

The memory of Keegan's touch lays faint in the back of his mind. He sighs tiredly as he tries to remember what Keegan's lips taste like.

"Two fucking years." He mutters, setting the last of the corn bread on a plate. He moves to his muffins, quickly mixing the fresh blueberries inside, pouring them into his cupcake pans before placing them in his second oven.

"Fifteen minutes, that's all." He breathes, cleaning up his mess. He moves the bread to an old mahogany table Rorke helped him carry here. It had multiple dings and cuts along the wood, and one of the corners was chipped, but Logan still found it beautiful. Reminded him of the table his mother used to bake on.

He moves quickly as he cleans up around his little apartment type place, relatively large with his own kitchen, livingroom, workout area, bedroom and ensuite. It sat towards the middle edge of this particular safe house, with a small balcony connecting the livingroom and bedroom.

Rorke had said it wouldn't be safe. The Ghosts could sneak in if they ever found the place. Logan had snorted in his face, laughing softly. "Stay in the place next door, then, if it makes you feel better. These two have a connecting door."

Rorke had given him a look, as if Logan wanting to be anywhere near him was strange.

"You don't mind?" Rorke had asked, arms crossed as he looked down at Logan.

"Why would I mind? You saved me from these assholes, Gabriel. Why would I not want to be near you?"

Logan pulls out another cake pan, grabbing two boxes of orange cake. He works quickly, pulling the red velvet out so he can bake the orange.

He places the red velvet on the bar to cool, sighing as he sets another timer.

He moves from the kitchen, deciding to clean up the bottles of alcohol laying on and around his coffee table. When he's finished getting rid of the evidence, he quickly picks up the livingroom and kitchen, leaving his bedroom and bathroom alone for now.

He pulls the muffins from the oven, setting them with the first cake to cool. He adjusts the timer on the orange cake before finally taking a break and sitting down on his couch.

Silence follows shortly after he sits, the room deafeningly quiet, save for the ticking of the timer. Logan rubs his hands over each other, eyes staring dully at the wall.

"Is this okay?" Keegan asked, the memory of one of his large hands pressing tightly into his thigh tickling the back of his mind.

"Y..yeah." He breathed, his hands planted firmly against Keegan's chest.

"Let me know if anything hurts." His gentle tone brought a small smile to his lips.

"Okay."