Graze

I had a smoke in my mouth as I walked down the path. The sun started rising as I left. I had been out for awhile.

Winston rode his horse towards me, "Where've you been?".

"Just walking. Where you headed?" I asked.

"Just on a quick trip to town to gather supplies for the job Phil is planning for tonight, see you back at camp" Winston rode off.

I walked back to camp.

"There she is!" Phil looked at me, "Just looking for you".

"What did you need?" I stood at the entrance to Phil's tent.

"The boys and I are going to rob this train that's scheduled to pass by around midnight. Care to tag along?".

"Asking me to go on a big job for once?" I smirked.

Phil laughed a little, "Last one wasn't big enough for you?".

"You're gonna act like robbing a camp was big?".

"Hey, y'all almost died".

I took a second, "James almost died, I was fine".

"Besides the point, will you go?" Phil asked.

I smiled, "When're we heading out?"

"Around 11pm, should take us 25-30 minutes to get there. Prepare your stuff".

I went to my tent and packed a small bag. I put in on my horse, then went down to the lake with a beer. The lake was exceptionally calm today.

"Went to the lake for a beer without me?" Papa stood at the top of the jump down to the shore.

"Welcome to join me Pa" I looked up at him.

"Nah, I'm just messing with ya. Have fun Amira" Papa walked away.

I heard a guitar start playing, then James and Sam singing. The young guys like singing and music. It's nice to listen to them. I finished my beer and went up to chat with the boys. Adam was playing guitar.

He's a lot more quiet than the other people here. Definitely out of character for a lot of thief's.

"What're you boys singin?" I asked.

"Whatever comes to the brain" James smiled.

I nodded.

"I gotta go into town actually, "Adam stood up, "Who wants to go?".

"I'll go" Sam got up.

"Leaving the party? Damn" James stood up too.

"I have to get my gun cleaned, and bullets" Adam went and got on his horse.

The two rode off.

"Why don't I fill you two in on the game plan?" Phil opened his tent.

The two of us sat in his tent.

"We snatched this from the camp we robbed, remember?" Phil handed us a scroll.

James unravelled it. A train schedule.

"Our plan is to have Amira, Lion and I up on the ridge beside the track ready to go down once the train is stopped. James has a lovely talent with explosives-".

"I get to use tnt?" James smiled.

"Yes, you're gonna blow up the track when I use our signal. Two fingers up in the air like this" Phil stuck two fingers in the air.

James and I nodded.

"Adam and Sam will be ready to take it on from close up. Kill who shoots, take whatever you can. There's supposed to be a safe in the back of the train containing 2,500 dollars or so. A good bit of money for the Gang and ourselves. Sound like a plan?" Phil smiled.