Chapter 5

Since yesterday, since we spent the evening together, I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. To be honest, I actually haven't been able to stop thinking about her since I first laid my eyes on her. I try to stop so I can do my work and find information on other people, but I don't want to. I don't want to get information on boring, random people. I want to know everything about her - everything.

The days went by so slowly. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes like hours and hours like days... It took all the willpower I had, just to not go and follow her. I once said something along the lines of, 'stalkers don't realise that they're staling, they think they're actually protecting'. That thought helped me stay away. As did the thought that if I were able to hold off on seeing her, I'd eventually be able to spend the entire day with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep at all the night before our date, but that didn't affect me in the slightest. I had the driver pull up around the corner - I thought it would be best to not alert her neighbours that she would be driving in a limo this morning. I walked up to the door and knocked with probably too much enthusiasm but I doubt she noticed.

The door opened and as soon as she saw me, her face went from having a nervous expression to one of pure happiness. After seeing that reaction, how could I not step in and hug her? At first her body went stiff, evidently surprised by my sudden closeness, but after a moment it relaxed and she returned the hug. Her skin was soft and she smelled incredible. I didn't want to let go, I wanted to stay in this moment forever... What happened to me? When did I become so obsessed and attached to this human?

The sound of a man's voice interrupted my thoughts and brought me back to the real world. I spun us around so I was facing the direction of the voice, and without removing one of my arms, I unfolded the knife in my pocket and pointed it forward. The man yelped and dropped the letters he was holding, apologising as he slowly backed away until he was out of site. At some point during the whole ordeal, [Y/N] let go and turned around to see the commotion.

She just laughed and said, "Maybe I shouldn't have disregarded the 'paranoid' explanation so quickly."

If that was how she wanted to play it, then so be it. "You look beautiful today," I said with a smirk, knowing she wouldn't be able to handle the compliment, but I did truly mean it, "are you ready to go?"

Her cheeks flushed red, causing her to look away. She murmured "Yeah I'm ready, let me just go get your coat." She disappeared into the house for only a few moments before she reappeared with my jacket in tow and handed it back to me.

"Did it help keep you warm?" I asked, leading the way towards the car.

"Yes it did thank you, you really didn't have to lend it to me you know."

"I wanted to, plus it gave me an excuse to see you again." I stopped in front of the limo and opened the door for her.

"Wait what?" she said, shocked by the large vehicle "You hired a limo?"

I jeered, "Well, I didn't think I should steal one. We only need it for the first half of the date anyway so, after you." She smirked at the first comment and got in the car, myself following after.

It started moving and she asked, "Where are we going?"

"You'll have to wait and see for yourself when we get there," she jokingly frowned at me so I added, "It's a 10 minute drive - be patient small human."

"Small? I'll have you know that I'm actually average height." she complained; which was exactly the response I was expecting. I spent almost the entire car journey teasing her in the same way because I just loved the way she reacted to it.