Chapter 18 (EDITED)

**Bruce's POV**

When an explosion rocked the Helicarrier, I was thrown backwards through the glass window behind me. I landed on my stomach hard, since I didn't really have time to brace myself. I heard the sound of groaning that I assumed belonged to one of the others. I glanced over to see Aero picking up a pile of pipes to free Natasha's foot. I could feel the Hulk pounding inside my skull. I tried to fight against him. It hurt feeling him try to claw his way out. I looked over to keep an eye on where Aero and Natasha was. I wanted to be sure to be away from them in case the Hulk won the fight.

"Natasha... Run." Aero's voice was quiet as if trying to prevent me from hearing. I saw Aero jerk Natasha to her feet. "Just please, trust me." She shoved Natasha away. Natasha disappeared up the stairs. I was surprised that Aero didn't run away with her. I subconsciously groaned and growled against the Hulk's pounding. A deafening roar echoed in my head. "Hey... We're okay..." I barely heard Aero trying to coax me to calm down. She was kneeling not far away. "Bruce... you gotta fight it." Her voice was calming but it wasn't enough to subdue the Hulk. He just pounded louder. I hung tightly to what little composure I had. "Hey! I swear on my life, I'm gonna get you out of this... you're gonna walk away," She promised. Her small pale hand reached towards me slowly.

"Your Life!" The hulk's voice came out of my vocal cords. I couldn't hold the Hulk back anymore. Aero jumped back a bit when the harsh voice yelled at her. It was clear that I was losing the battle. Much to my surprise, Even though Aero knew I was changing, She didn't run. She stood her ground putting her faint in her strength, speed, and healing ability to take on the Hulk. I could feel my muscles growing and ripping through my shirt. I turned away and tired to get far enough away from Aero that Hulk wouldn't hurt her. I looked back at her one last time. My eyes were sad and concerned. I could see the worry on her face, not fear.

"Bruce..." Her voice was the last thing I heard before Hulk took over completely. Hulk's roar filled my ears. I could only sit back and watch as Hulk turned and roared at Aero. I felt fear deep in my heart that he would hurt her. I felt only a moment of relief as Aero turned to run instead of trying to take Hulk head on. My relief was short lived when Hulk chased after her. All he could see was anger. the Hulk's roar echoed through the whole helicarrier. Aero ran away from the Hulk. She wasn't using her super speed, telling me she was trying to get Hulk to chase her. Hulk broke through a glass hallway that Aero lead him through. I felt my heart sink as Hulk swung his arm, sending Aero flying into a wall. Her head bounced off the wall hard. She slid down the wall into the sitting position. She braced herself on the wall. Her face twisted in pain, but she pushed it away and stood against the Hulk. Hulk towered over the only 5'2'' Aero as he stalked forward towards her. She held her small arms in a x shape in front of her to protect herself from Hulk's swinging fist. I wanted to scream for Hulk to stop but I was silenced. Thankfully, Thor came crashing through the wall and sent Hulk flying away from Aero. I was blinded by the rage of fighting with Thor. I was thankful for him for protecting Aero. 

( Word Count : 635 )
- Sorry for the short chapter. More coming soon.