Chapter 12

I step into the shower, and let the warm water run through my hair. When I woke up Cristiano was gone. I was a little disappointed, but not surprised. As a Donna I was going to have to get used to waking up alone.

I feel tired, more tired than usual. It's strange, but I miss my bed at the Villa. Despite all the guards that we had, I didn't feel safe here.

When I'm done in the shower, I get out and wrap a towel around myself. When I exit the bathroom, I'm surprised to see Cristiano. I still felt awkward around him, I couldn't get over the way he grabbed my face last night. I had learned my lesson though, don't ever lie to the Don.

I just sort of stand there awkwardly clutching my towel. He's looking at the bruises on my face. I didn't bother to see if I had any in the mirror earlier. I already knew they were there. His face was expressionless, but his eyes looked like they were filled with fury. He sighs and beckons me to come towards him with his finger. I hated it when he did that. It made me feel like his pet. My inner voice suddenly reminds me, you are his pet.

I walk closer to him, till my face is just few inches away from his. He brings one of his hands up to my cheek, and traces his thumb over one of my bruises.

"I'm sorry, that won't happen again." He says with a look of pity.

"You can't promise me that." I say sterny as I briskly turn around, and start to walk away. Suddenly Cristiano grabs my arm, and pulls me against his chest. His face is filled with anger, and his grip gets tighter. Yet somehow his voice is calm.

"Don't you ever talk that way to me Giada. You may be the Donna, but that won't stop me from punishing you when you get out of line."

It's like he's a parent disciplining a child. I want to slap him. I want to scream at him and tell him I hate him. But I couldn't. If I hit him he'd hit back, and probably do much worse. I just nod my head, and hold back my tears. The constant ups and downs of this "relationship" were starting to take their tolls.

I go to one of the suitcases Beatrice packed me. I wished she could've come with.

"We are going to a party tonight. It's important and you need to look nice." Cristiano says as I rummage through my suitcase. There's nothing in here that's elegant or good enough for a party. I turn my head and look at him.

"I don't have anything suitable for a party, I'll need to buy something."

"Fine, I'll arrange for some guards to take you shopping." He says, and starts to walk away.

"Can Livianna come?" I blurt out. He looks at me puzzled.

"What is this new obsession with my ex lover?" He says as if he's interrogating me.

"We're friends." I say to him. I'm trying to have confidence but my voice is so shaky. He scoffs, clearly he doesn't believe me.

"Ok." He says, and walks out of our hotel room. I waste no time getting ready. I put on a short sleeved pink dress, and just put on some simple makeup. When I'm done I walk outside of the hotel room, and there's a guard waiting for me. When we get to the hotel lobby I see Livianna. Her face lights up and she runs over to me.

"Thank god! Did you ask him?" I almost respond but then remember that there is a guard behind me.

"We'll talk about it later." I say with a reassuring look. We get into the car and drive to a dress store. We don't say anything the entire car ride. Anything we say would be reported back to the Don. He was already mad at me, I didn't need his goons making it worse.

When we finally get to the shop, we waste no time picking out dresses. For a while it's like we are actually best friends. Giving each other compliments and pointing out dresses for each other to try on. Eventually we make it to the dressing rooms. When a guard isn't looking she pulls me into a room, and locks the door.

"Did you ask him." She says gripping my shoulders, her eyes are filled with desperation.

"I-I did." I respond in a whisper.

"Well...What did he say?!" She says raising her voice. I give her a look of warning, and she lets go of my shoulders. The guards would probably break down the door if they thought I was in danger.

"He said no, Livianna. I'm so sorry." I see the blood drain from her face, and she sinks to the floor. I give her a hug, trying to offer some consolation.

"Help me kill Diavolo." She whispers. I look at her in shock.

"Livianna, you don't know what your saying."

"Please Giada! It's the only way out for me. Cristiano refuses to break off my engagement to Diavolo! Your the only person that can help me."

"No. That's my answer. No." I say getting up.
Suddenly she grabs my wrist. There are tears in her eyes. She looks tired and sick. Deep down I know that she'll be this way for the rest of her life if she marries Diavolo.

"Ok, I'll think about it." I say to her. Her face lights up, and she stands up and hugs me. We pick out our dresses, and leave. In the car ride home Livianna seems like she's beaming. But I can't stop thinking about what I have gotten myself into.

I am going to help Cristiano's ex mistress kill his Uncle.

Giada's Dress ⬆️ookkkk, the books starting to get messier

Giada's Dress ⬆️
ookkkk, the books starting to get messier. what did you guys think of this chapter? like, comment, and follow me. 💜💜💜 btw, do you guys feel like this was poorly written? give me and honest opinion so it can help me improve!