Another Show

I sat in the front row, looking up at the curtains and waiting eagerly for them to drop. I was very excited to see Gene perform, especially since I was in the front row again! 

At last the familiar voice echoed through the arena and the curtain dropped, revealing Kiss in a burst of fire and smoke. Front and center was Gene, playing his bass and flicking his tongue. He strutted over to the edge of the stage. I watched as he paced back and forth, scanning the crowd, before a smile split his face and he winked at me. I caught the pick he tossed me, holding it against my heart.

Halfway through the show, the plastic stadium seats grew to be too much for my aching back and I rose to my feet, pulling the backstage pass Gene had given me from my jacket pocket. As I started to walk backstage, I caught Gene's eye. He gave me a worried look, unable to ask me what was wrong due to the fact he was in the middle of singing.

I gave him a smile and a thumbs up. "I'm fine!" I shouted, hoping he heard me over the music.

He nodded, turning back to the audience, leaving me to slip backstage. I showed my pass to the roadies, wandering through the halls before I finally found the greenroom. With a satisfied sigh, I sat on the much more comfortable couch, propping my feet up and eating some of the snacks that had been set out for the boys in the band. 

I sat back there for about another hour before the the door burst open and Gene ran to my side, sitting beside me and kissing me. Smiling, I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around him, getting fake blood all over the front of my dress. 

"Oops," he said, pulling away from the kiss. "It washes out though, I promise." 

Shrugging, I rested my forehead against his, kissing him again. He kissed me back, moving from my lips to my cheek, kissing me up my jawline and down my neck, heading toward my chest before he pulled away.

"Let me get cleaned up, then we can head home. Unless you want to rest here a bit more?" he asked, eyes crinkling with concern. 

I gave his hand a squeeze. "We can head home!" I said cheerfully, barely stifling a yawn. 

He picked up my hand, kissing it and leaving a black lipstick mark on the back of my hand. "Then we'll head home. I'll be back, just wait here." 

I nodded, blowing him a kiss. He blew me one back, walking out of the room. Heart fluttering as much as the babies inside me were, I leaned back on the couch, closing my eyes and accidentally dropping off to sleep, worn out by the excitement of the night. 

I woke up later to find myself in the bed in our hotel room, supported by pillows and in my pajamas. A smile spread across my face and I sat up just as the door opened and Gene walked in. "Oh! You're awake," he said, finally pulling his hair free of his topknot. 

I nodded, blowing him a kiss. "I'm assuming you're the one who brought me home?" I asked. 

He gave me a smile, pulling off his shirt and sitting next to me on the bed. "Of course. Lie back down though. You need rest, you're tired," he murmured, kissing me softly, strong arms encircling me. 

I pulled him closer against my back, tugging the blankets higher over us. "You're such a sweetheart, did you know that?" 

"Mm no I'm a scary demon," he teased, nipping me playfully on the neck.

I giggled, taking his hand off of me and giving it a kiss before putting it back around my waist. "Well I'm glad I've been able to tame the savage beast," I teased back.

He gave me a hug and another shower of kisses. "Oh Y/N believe me you have absolutely tamed the savage beast. I'm yours, love, forever and ever."