Attempt 4

This chapter is dedicated to anyone loyal enough to stick with this story. Thank you, And enjoy 💜

Previously::

"Come with me?"

I grinned and took his hand, letting him help me in the machine.

"So this is an actual time machine, huh?" I asked.

"Yep! And we are going to save the future with it."

----------------------
Your POV

After Wilbur had explained to me what a Time machine was and how he was from the future, we flew off to the roof of the orphanage.

"You sure-"

"-Wilbur I'm positive he's on the roof. I mean we did have a fight.. he would be there."

Wilbur just nodded and soon enough we were next to the building, in an alley.

"Okay I'm going to make the time machine invisible, and go have a chat with our friend Lewis here. Stay here."

With that being said, Wilbur left the time machine, having it close with me inside.

'Wow okay he really trusts me to keep me in the machine. It's invisible and goes through time. I could just leave.'

I shrugged and sat down on the weird chair, watching Lewis. Wilbur hid behind the wall.

Lewis looked sadly at the notebook and tore out a page, staring at it.. before it flew away with the wind.

And that's when he started to rip out all the pages. The last page he ripped out, he crumbled and tossed, taking a seat back on the block of wood.

I watched as Wilbur tossed the paper crumble back, hitting Lewis. Lewis threw it again and Wilbur threw it back, 'hiding' once again.

"Hey, what're you doing up here?" Lewis asked.

"COO COO, COOCOO."

Was Wilbur cooing? Yes.

Is he crazy? Yes.

Do I care? Nope.

Lewis dropped the paper again, making Wilbur shove it back into his hand, cooing more.

'Okay this is getting kinda funny'

"Would you quit that please? I know you're not a pigeon." Lewis yelled, making Wilbur shush him very loudly.

Wilbur covered Lewis's mouth, "You're blowing my cover!"

"We're the only ones up here."

"That's just what they want you to think." Wilbur stated, "Now enough moping. Take this back to the science fair and fix that memory scanner."

"Stop! Stop! Get away from me!"

"Maybe you've forgotten. I'm a time cop from the future, should be taken very seriously."

Lewis takes the card and inspects it, gritting his teeth.

"This is a coupon for a tanning salon! You're a fake!" Lewis explained.

I sighed and looked around at the controls, easily ejecting the top and getting out of the flying thing.

"Okay you caught me. I'm not a cop. But I really am from the future. There really is the bowler hat guy!"

I snatched the coupon and handed it back to Wilbur, who pocketed it. Grabbing Lewis's wrist, I dragged him To the ledge.

"What are you doing?? Let me go!" Lewis yelled.

"Look I know we aren't exactly good friends anymore." I started, stopping at the ledge.

"What-"

"-but Wilbur's telling the truth." I cut off.

"Oh now you're on his side?" Lewis asked, disbelieve written on his face clearly.

"He stole a time machine, came to the science fair, and ruined your project!" Wilbur explained, showing the drawing lewis did of the machine.

"My project didn't work because I'm no good!" Lewis started, "There is no bowler hat guy. There is no time machine. And you're not from the future! You're both crazy!!"

"I am not crazy!" Wilbur exclaimed.

"Wow thanks for sticking up for me there." I said sarcastically, smiling when he glanced at me with a 'sorry' look.

"Oh yeah Captain Time Travel? Prove it." Lewis stated.

I sighed.

"If I prove to you I'm from the future, will you go back to the science fair?" Wilbur asked, blocking the doorway as he tried to walk off.

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say." Lewis said.

Wilbur started pushing Lewis to the edge of the brick wall where I was standing. This wasn't going to end well...

"Hey, let go of me!" Lewis yelled, "What are you doing? Let go of me!"

"Okay."

I chuckled. Wilbur pushed him off the ledge and into the open time machine. He would not stop screaming.

"Here, let me help you." Wilbur offered, holding his hand for me once he got in.

I accepted it, "Thanks. But there is no need to be such a gentleman, Wilbur."

He chuckled, "Well I was raised right. There is always a need for pretty ladies."

I rolled my eyes, "Well don't forget about Lewis then. He's a pretty lady too."

He laughed, nodding, "Oh I won't forget now."

Wilbur shut the top and the machine was visible once again. Lewis and Wilbur's took a seat in the only two seats as I stood and looked over Wilbur's shoulder.

"Interesting stuff huh? I'm sure you don't understand any-"

"-Well that's the control and it's all simple common knowledge Wilbur. Easy stuff." I grinned, he didn't seem fazed that I cut him off.

He started up the engine, to fly to the future, and glanced at us.

"Need anything before we go?" Wilbur asked.

"To get off-" I cut Lewis off.

"Maybe you can add another seat? I don't wanna fall on my butt."

Wilbur nodded and did so, next to him. But it seemed to move around. I just sat down on it and buckled.

"All set." I said, putting my thumbs up.

"Alright let's go!" Wilbur started to fly off.

"Wait where are we going??" Lewis yelled almost.

"To.. the future!" Wilbur yelled, flying high in the sky.

----------------
Oh, what's this? Is this an
✨ u p d a t e ✨

Words: 934

~Elayiah 🦙