10

Andrew slept for a good nineteen hours. He was woken up by his body clock, as well as his stomach that was demanding nutrients. He realized how often he had forgotten to eat without Norton there to remind him. It wasn't like he was starving on purpose; he just forgot.

Norton constantly cooked for him, and had even turned Andrew onto a vegetarian diet. Andrew had never been sure of the reason as to why Norton pursued a vegetarian diet, since he would have assumed someone as buff and with such a tough job would need to consume a lot of protein. Beans, rice, and eggs seemed to suffice Norton, though. Andrew didn't bother questioning him on it.

He laid in bed and let his stomach scream at him for a little bit, not wanting to move from the comfort of his and Norton's bed.

Andrew swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood, dizziness hitting him out of nowhere. He decided on making himself a somewhat nutritious meal, munching on celery while he did so to keep his stomach at bay.

His meal was composed of scrambled eggs and kale, both of which were surprisingly still edible. It tasted decent, but it was nothing compared to Norton's cooking.

The phone rang as he chewed down the rubbery eggs and soft kale. He stared at it, not processing that someone was trying to contact him for a second. Andrew sprung up and dashed to the phone as quick as he could, tripping over his own feet.

"Hello?" He spoke, voice muffled by the food still residing in his mouth.

"Hey! It's Tracy. I made your... thing." Tracy said, gulping in the middle of her words. The call felt awkward from the get-go. Andrew could not figure out why Tracy could not — or flat out didn't want to — say coffin. Or why her voice seemed so anxious.

Andrew sat, silence filling the air. He was trying to decide whether or not he wanted Norton's new home now or later.

"Have Luca bring it to me. Please. And Norton. I need the coffin and Norton." Andrew said, not giving the poor girl on the other end of the line a chance to respond to his request before hanging up the phone.

He wanted to go back to his food, to make sure he would be physically strong enough for today, but since he was already at his phone, he dialed up Emma.

Today, he would bury Norton. It was an abrupt decision, but if the coffin was already done, he might as well just go ahead and get it out of the way.

Emma's voice was composed similarly to Tracy's, yet it was so much more pleasant to listen to. It was sweet and comforting, something that Andrew could stand to hear for more than a few minutes.

"Hi! I was going to call you, we should probably plant the flowers today. Ideal temperatures, weather and all."

"Yeah. Come over, the sun is going to set soon." Again, he hung up as soon as he could. Andrew wasn't trying to be particularly rude, he just didn't see the point in wasting time with small talk and goodbyes.

He finished eating afterwards and got ready. He made sure his hair was decent, and his clothes weren't disgusting. Andrew was, at the very least, presentable.

Emma knocked on his front door soon after, a smile printed onto her lips. She wanted to be some positive energy in Andrew's life, since she could only assume that his world was filled with negativity.

He cracked the door open, enough where he could stick his head out to see who was there without letting too much of the lingering sunlight in.

"Hi, Emma. Come in." Andrew left the door as it was, allowing the young girl to let herself in as she pleased. She'd worn her best, almost like she was attending a real event. A silk dress, reaching just above her knees, decorated with ruffles and a few bows of blues and whites. A matching bonnet sat pretty on her head, framing her face and bringing out the bright blue in her eyes. A small, light blue tool box was hooked onto a ribbon across her waist. It jingled with every step she took.