➳ 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳

It was finally the best day (or night) of the year; Thursday, October 31st, 1985. Obviously, it wasn't gonna go how Mike expected — or — wanted it to be. Yes, he still thought that it was the best time of the year, but it evidently wasn't the same anymore as Will wasn't with them. They wouldn't be trick or treating like they used to, wouldn't dress up with fancy costumes like how they wanted, but instead going to somebody's house to have fun and try something new; which Mike wasn't so fond of. But he'd already agreed with the party, and there was no turning back.

The students of Hawkins High School hopped off their seats, making their ways to the hallway as the bell rang. Mike got up as well, propelling his school supplies into his keister, slinging it onto his shoulders. Dustin walked out of the room with him.

"So, I never got to ask you this, but, how was your call with bowlcut boy?" Dustin asks, smiling teasingly at his tall friend. Mike laughed at the nickname Dustin gave Will.

"It was great, actually. He told me a lot of things about Chicago, and he said he was doing fine." Mike simply answers.

"What about El? Did you talk to her?"

"Nope. Will said she went grocery shopping with Jonathan when I called."

Dustin slightly blew by his friend's response. "Wow, El was with Jonathan?"

"Yeah, I was shocked too. I mean, they're like siblings now, so it shouldn't be surprising." Mike said, shrugging.

"I know, but that's great. At least she's got an older brother to be protected by," Dustin comments. "By the way, how's Will and Eleven's relationship? Did he tell you about it?"

"Yeah, and they're getting along pretty well. I never really saw it coming since I don't even remember them interacting alone when they were still here." Mike chuckles.

Dustin tittered. "Why, though? I mean, El helped us to find Will, and to close the gate and all that fighting shit with the Mind Flayer. I know they weren't mad at each other 'cause there's no reason for it, but like, why? Why weren't they talking to each other?"

"Same question, honestly. I didn't ask Will about it, though. Maybe next time."

"Yeah. And tell me why." The curly-haired boy teasingly smiled at Mike, making Mike chuckle a little as he nods his head.

They both continued walking together as their rooms for fifth period were only located across from each other — until they had to pass through an archway with another high schooler who was giving away vouchers.

"Party at Ryle's tonight, come if you'd like." The lady repeated for the curly and raven-haired pair. They both took one for their own, casting their eyes over it.

"Wasn't this your—I mean, our plan?" Mike chuckles.

"Exactly. A new chapter of our life, what would you say?" Dustin asks light-heartedly.

"Not bad," Mike lied. It's bad. Really bad, I guess. He thought.

"Pretty sure the other two have gotten these too, so we don't need to tell them, do we?"

"Nope," Mike replies, popping out the 'p'. "Later, Dusty-bun." he added as they approached his room closer.

Dustin gave him a jocular black look, but took the bait anyway. "Later, Michael." he teases back, knowing how much the tall boy hated being called by it if it wasn't his bestfriend with the bowlcut. And as a result, Mike rolled his eyes at the curly-haired boy before entering his fourth period class.

***

"I don't know, this doesn't sound right. What if there are alcoholic drinks? We don't wanna get killed, don't we?"