10.

Juni pushed her grandfather's wheelchair as the dozens of agents working in the facility crowded around the portal, clapping and congratulating them on completing the mission.

Donnagan came forward to say something but Juni glared at him so he backed away. Another agent tried to take her grandfather's chair away from her, but he stopped him. "Ah, no, my granddaughter can handle this. Don't touch, this, is Gorethial leather."

She wheeled her grandfather to where the Giggles were. Carmen held out her hand and Juni stared at her, confused.

"Give me the email addresses, loser." She rolled her eyes. Juni, confused, handed them over. Carmen left to some random agent who then left the room out of a side door. When she came back, Juni asked, "So what did you do with them?"

"Just wait a minute," She patted her on the shoulder, which did nothing to dissuade the confusion.

"Ok," Donnagan asked, getting their attention. "Tell me again how you shut off the game."

Juni and Carmen shared a look. Juni shrugged and Carmen sighed. "I don't know if we shut it down exactly."

The adults looked at Juni. "How am I supposed to know? Grandpa turned a lever and a robot attacked us, I wasn't paying a lot of attention."

"Why, did it not work?" Carmen asked.

Francesca shook her head. "Oh it worked, we just need to make sure we did this correctly."

Donnagan paused. "Wait, did you say your grandfather did it?" As Juni nodded, another agent called her attention.

"Agent Cortez, we tracked the email addresses of those boys. They were part of our beta testers for the game." He explained as she walked up to him. Juni paused, registering his words.

"They were the OSS's beta testers?" Juni asked, glaring fully at the man in front of her. He nodded once fearfully before fleeing. Juni took a deep breath before facing the boys in front of her.

"Hi." She said through gritted teeth. "What are you wearing?" She asked in reference to the complete 180 their aesthetics had done post-game.

"Yeah, in real life," Francis admitted, "I'm not all that smart."

"I'm not all that strong," Arnold continued.

"I'm not cool," Rez said. Juni blinked once at him. Then at her boots.

"Are you telling me I could've changed the way I looked this whole time?" Juni asked in bewilderment.

"Well, yeah," Francis confirmed. "That's kind of the point of the character customization screen."

"I, uh, I don't know why you would want to, since you're already really cool," Rez assured her with a blush. Juni crossed her arms.

"I feel lied to. I feel betrayed. I feel angry." She said, trying not to raise her voice.

"Wait, so if you didn't change who you were for the game, that means you're really... " Arnold trailed off.

Francesca walked up to her. "Special Agent Cortez, we need you," She said with a wink before walking back over to her family. Juni's eyes narrowed as she grit her teeth, not oblivious to the boys' awed reactions in the background.

"Oh don't try to impress them now, they're nerds, they're impressed by Carmen." Juni ranted angrily as she followed her. Carmen shouted indignantly in the background, but Juni didn't care.

"You had beta testers? I thought the game company had the beta testers." She said. Donnagan nodded, "They do, but we got our hands on a few copies of the game to test our suspicions under the fact that we were going to beta test it."

"So this whole mission was pointless!" Juni yelled. "You didn't need to send Carmen, me, OR my grandpa into this pointless game because you could've just asked your beta testers to do what you asked us to do! They did it anyway!"

"Speaking of your grandfather," Donnagan tried to corral the conversation back to the mission. "Which lever did you push? Because one ends the game, the other releases the toymaker."

"Who was the idiot who designed that?" Francesca asked rhetorically. By Donnagan's sheepish reaction, Juni felt she knew who it was.

"Who gives a shit if the toymaker is out or not," Juni yelled, "I wanna know why you people thought it was necessary to harass me and scare me to death until I went into this dumb game when you had beta testers!"

"I freed the toymaker, but it was no accident," Her grandpa spoke, ignoring her previous words. Juni threw her hands up in frustration and Carmen laughed at her. While her grandpa monologued, she and Carmen started a shoving war. Donnagan insulted him and Carmen had to hold her back from hurting him., "Don't insult my grandpa you dumb, washed up, has-been, shit spy," Carmen also covered her mouth. She released her sister to her new friends, "Go see your nerds."

Juni stumbled into Rez. She stood up and apologized. "Were you really going to fight that guy?" He asked. She shrugged, "If Carmen hadn't been holding me back, yeah. It's not hard, I've done it before. His kids put up more of a fight." The boys, once again, exchanged awed looks.

Then, the president showed up via live message on the screen. "I'm coming back."

"Is that the president?" Francis asked, shocked. Juni narrowed her eyes. "Y'know what, I'm not actually sure." She left them and walked closer to the big screen, meeting up with her sister.

"Wait, what?"

"To settle the score," the president continued. "For imprisoning me. For using me," The live feed began to glitch.

"Yeah, that's not Devlin," Juni groaned. The feed fully glitched to the Toymaker as he continued his monologue. After the feed stopped and the screen went black, the entire building began to shake.

"Seismic activity is off the map!" An agent sitting at the desk directly in front of the big screen shouted out. He began shouting out different potential causes, "Earthquake! Tornado! Hurricane!"

Carmen and Juni held onto each other as they waited for the shaking to stop. Juni suddenly yelled, "Carmen! Let's go!" Carmen followed her lead and they both ran outside to see what was happening.

==

One giant robot fight and reconciled friendship later, Juni was exhausted. She turned away from the large 'family' in front of her and sat down on the sidewalk clear of robot debris.

"Hey, Juni," Carmen called, walking up to her with Gary Giggles' arm around her.

"Carmen tells me you have some nerds waiting for you?" He asked condescendingly. Juni made a mocking face at him before stopping. She jumped up and ran towards the building entrance, shouting "oh shit"

She got to the room she left her friends in and stopped when she saw them. She leaned against the doorway of the room, breathing heavily.

"Do you guys need a ride or something?"