Songs

"How about..." Charlie drawled as everyone was finishing setting up. "Oh! How about 'Perfect'?"
The band all turned to each other in silence confirmation. They looked worried for some reason. After a while Percy sighed.
"Fine."
Percy started playing a soft melody on his guitar, which immediately captivated the Wealsey's. It continued for a while, before the rest of the band picked up. Percy looked right into his fathers eyes as he sang.
Hey, Dad, look at me                 
Think back, and talk to me
Did I grow up according to plan?
Arthur gulped.
And do you think I'm wasting my time
Doing things I want to do?
But it hurts when you disapproved all along
His voice quivered and then he swallowed deeply, closing his eyes.
And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for
You can't pretend that I'm alright
And you can't change me
'Oh, Perce. I am proud of you'
'Cause we lost it all
Nothin' lasts forever
I'm sorry I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry I can't be perfect
Everybody listened in awe as Percy continued to sing, ignoring his wet eyes.
I try not to think
About the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be my hero?
All the days you spent with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you don't care anymore
Arthur crossed one arm across his chest and leaned the other on top as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Silent tears fell from his eyes and Percy choked out a sob before continuing.
And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't stand another fight
And nothing's all right
Both had a steady set of tears streaming down their faces. Even the others were crying a little. Molly had rested her head on her husband's shoulder as they both sobbed.
'Cause we lost it all
And nothin' lasts forever
I'm sorry I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry I can't be perfect
You could hear his emotions in his voice as he sang. You could feel his anger, sadness and passion flow out with every word.
Nothing's gonna change the things that you said
And nothing's gonna make this right again
Please don't turn your back
I can't believe it's hard just to talk to you
But you don't understand
He was breathing hard now. He softened his voice and continued.
'Cause we lost it all
Nothin' lasts forever
I'm sorry I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry I can't be perfect
Percy's voice faded out with the music until they both came to a stop. Percy stared right at his father and family, waiting for their response. The tears were still flowing down everybody's faces, though some were respectively less. Arthur was the first to move. He pulled away from his wife and crossed the short distance to the stage until he was right in front of his son. Suddenly, he reached out an arm and pulled Percy towards, wrapping his arms around him. A second later, returned the gesture and hugged his father fiercely. It wasn't long before the rest of the family joined them. The band watched with soft eyes as they all hugged and cried.
"We love you Percy, we always did." Arthur said. "And we're all so proud of you."
The rest of the family mumbled agreements. They all tightened their grip when they heard a choked sob come from the third Weasley son.
"I love you all too. Very much." He choked out.
They all pulled away and wiped away their tears, but the smiles remained. Bill walked over to his younger brother and laid a hand on his shoulder.
"You are perfect Percy."
"And we would change you for the world." Ginny finished.
Ron nodded. "Yeah. You may be a prat sometimes,"
"But you're our prat." Charlie chimed.
Fred and George smiled watery smiles at their older brother.
"I have a feeling that that title will change soon though." Fred said.
George nodded at his twin. "Yeah. Maybe punk Percy. It fits."
The family and the band burst into laughter at the small joke. Percy and his band continued to practice while the family listened, occasionally talking to the others. Marcus and Alister came back. Alister looked relatively fine except for the many small marks on his body that were the remains of where the bruises and cuts originally were. The twins joked about him and James, sharing embarrassing stories about Percy. Molly talked to Alexander and Addie as the group mums. They shared cooking tips and gossiped about their annoying but loving families. Charlie and Ron stuck with Oliver, Marcus and Cedric, talking about Quidditch. Ginny spoke with Penelope and Gwen about girly things and Athur stuck with Patrick and Jacob, eager to learn about the muggle world. They all seemed weary at first of Rayden, mostly Mr Weasley, but after a while they all talked and joked about with him as well, letting him into their new little family.
/AN: Sorry I'm bad at writing reactions/