here for you • oliver

(I haven't reopened requests yet but I might end up ending the book by February cuz I'm going back to school by then)

"I've been alive for far too long," Y/n groaned.

"Alright, but make sure to finish your pancakes."

"Sure thing, dad."

Y/n woke up around noon again that weekend. She's been doing so for more than seven months now. Every Saturday and Sunday, always sleeping in. Her father is grows more concerned as the days pass. Yuugo knew it wasn't just because she was tired or lazy. His daughter was clearly going through something she couldn't properly explain. He figured it's best to leave her alone until she's ready to talk. Since it was the weekend, Y/n was going to be hanging out with her boyfriend. She'll be back before dinner as usual.

Making her way downtown, Y/n goes to grab a chocolate bar from a nearby vending machine. She walks to the park and goes to the bench that was always conveniently empty around that hour. Oliver soon appears in her view. He sits next to her and rests his arms on the bench. They watch as the rest of the park bustles past them. Y/n opens her chocolate bar and begins to eat. She offers some to the boy, putting it up near his mouth so he'd bite. And he gladly did so. Y/n doesn't finish her chocolate so she gives it to Oliver. He eats the rest of the bar and pockets the wrapper.

"Thanks for being here," Y/n turns and smiles at him.

Oliver returns the tender smile. "I'm here for you anytime you need me."

She leans on his shoulder, he wraps his arm around her. They relish each other's warmth and company. Despite all that's been going through Y/n's mind, she feels safe with the people who care for her. The girl knew she was going through something but she was hesitant to seek help. She didn't want to bother other people with her own problems despite the fact that they say they're ready to lend an ear and help anytime. Y/n wishes she wasn't so helpless or weak.

"Hey, Oliver?" She gazes up to him.

He looks down at her. "Yeah?"

"Do you think our dads know we're dating? I mean, we haven't actually told them yet."

"I think they know. They're smart enough to figure it out," Oliver states as he plants a kiss on Y/n's forehead. "They're best friends so I guess they won't be opposed to us dating."

"Huh, I didn't think of that."

The sun soon melted into the horizon, the day being tucked into bed by the night sky's blanket.

Oliver and Y/n walk back home, hand in loving hand, with a smile they couldn't hide. If Oliver was honest, he wished his girlfriend would stop hiding what she was going through. He's seen it before with his father- a decline that made him weary. Lucas pulled through in the end, promising to never make his dearest son worry again. Oliver believes that Y/n would come around eventually. There's no quick fix to her problem but it'll help if she'd only seeked succour from those who love her.

"Have you told your dad yet?" Oliver inquired as they near Y/n's place.

They stop at the porch and she turns to face her boyfriend. "About what?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

He gives her a serious look. Y/n sighs. Oliver does know her that well. It's no wonder they've been best friends and lovers for years. He knows whatever's on her mind, and she knows every meaning behind his words and expressions. Also, he's right. At some point, she has to consult with her father. It wasn't as if Oliver was forcing Y/n to open up, he was only coaxing her because she knows what she has to do. Again, it wasn't a permanent solution but merely a step forward.

"Not tonight," she looks down.

"That's alright, Y/n," He moves closer to wrap her in a tight embrace. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Tomorrow."

"Text me, okay?"

"Ok."

As soon as Y/n went inside, Oliver makes his way back home as well. Y/n later eats dinner with Yuugo, with a casual conversation between father and daughter sprinkled in. That night, Y/n sat on her bed to think. Maybe it was time to talk to others. It wouldn't be that bad to ask for help, after all. Next morning, Y/n woke up earlier than usual and she was the one who cooked breakfast instead. After having a talk with her father, Y/n texted Oliver to meet up at the same spot. Upon arriving there, Oliver noticed that Y/n looked more alive than she usually did.

"Hey." She beamed.

"Oh, hey. You texted me so early, I was surprised." He stands next to her near the lake fence. "We don't usually meet till afternoon."

"I know but I needed to tell you something." She looked like a happy frantic as she tried to grab Oliver's hands.

"Ah!" He puts up a finger to stop her. She blinks. The taller boy smiles at her ever-so-sweetly. "But I already know."

"Y-you do?"

"Yes. And I'm proud of you."

The two share an embrace. A small weight has been lifted off from Y/n's shoulders and she felt she could breathe again. For the afternoon, the two invited their fathers for a wonderful treat in town. At the end of the day, Y/n was relieved that she could finally tell someone.

"I couldn't thank you enough, Oliver."

"You don't have to thank me. Like I said, I'm always here for you."

It could be hard to explain sometimes but those closest to you will understand it. In the end, it wasn't about leaving heavy baggage; it was about lightening the load. It's important to tell your loved ones about what you're going through. You shouldn't keep it to yourself. Call it depression, if you will but always know that you're not alone. There's someone out there who will understand, and there's someone out there who's going through the same thing. Just know that someone, or something, is here for you.

End.

a/n:
This is what I'm going through. Sometimes I can't cope. I haven't told anyone at all, and this is why this oneshot is a personal callout for me to address my problem. I still won't do it though.

Anyway, I'm definitely not gonna seek help. Hope you enjoyed (?) the oneshot
I'm sorry if it sucked
I suck