15. Baby Simba and his father, Ten

Jieun:

My lessons with Lucas continue every few days for the next few weeks, and I'm starting to enjoy the experience of riding a motorcycle. I do another lap of the runway and stop in front of Lucas.

"Your balance has improved a lot," he says, slightly impressed.

"Wanna race you home?" I ask him and he laughs at me.

"I'll beat you easily," he says confidently, getting onto his motorbike.

"We'll see," I mutter, grinning slightly.

"Three, two, one," I count down, and the two of us kick off.

We both zoom out of the entrance, Lucas leading the way by a small difference. We speed down the road, and I laugh loudly from the feeling of speeding so fast. My chest feels lighter than it has in a long time as if the wind has whipped away all of my worries. My heart thumps harder as adrenaline pumps through my veins, every cell in my body alive with exhilaration. Lucas suddenly increases speed, and I bend down and chase after him. We're now racing through the streets of the city, and I glance around the familiar area.

I suddenly take a sharp turn into a narrow alleyway, suddenly nervous. I've never driven so fast in such a narrow space, but I try my best to maintain my balance. I drive out the other side, taking a shortcut. I grin to myself and speed towards the bridge. I glance down and see that Lucas is on the road below me, several feet away. His head is facing me but I can't see his expression. I increase the speed and get off the bridge, taking the road towards WayV's dorm, speeding past cars in the same lane as me. Drivers honk at me furiously, but I ignore them and speed towards the right building, laughing loudly with elation. I don't want to stop, the feeling's addictive. I eventually stop at the front of the building and take my helmet off, panting heavily. I only have to wait a couple of minutes for Lucas to arrive, and I grin at him triumphantly, my face flushed.

"You cheated," he says as soon as he takes his helmet off.

"I did not. I just took a shortcut," I retort.

"Yeah, it's called cheating," he says as we walk into the building.

"I didn't say we had to take the same route," I point out, and Lucas shakes his head.

"Stop being such a sore loser," I say as we walk out of the lift towards WayV's door.

Lucas opens the door and a familiar face turns around to look at me.

"Kun!" I yell, running towards him and hugging him tightly.

"You dyed your hair," he says.

"Blame Jisung. Why didn't you say you were coming back today?" I ask, frowning up at him.

"I wanted to surprise you," he says, looking up at Lucas.

"Where were you both?" he asks.

"The others said you were on a motorbike but you haven't got any broken bones so I'm assuming they're wrong," he adds.

"No, you're the one who's wrong," I say, crossing my arms.

Kun stares at me.

"She raced me here," Lucas says, smiling slightly.

"And I won," I say.

"Nice joke," Xiaojun says.

"She's not joking," Lucas admits.

"Shut up," Ten says in disbelief.

"I'd believe you but you're uninjured so it's kinda hard to believe," Yang Yang says.