Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto and if you try to say that I go I will lock in a room with Sasuke's fangirls and tell them that you are keeping them from seeing their Sasuke-kun.

Iruka and Naruto were currently sitting in Iruka's kitchen both having a cup of tea. When Naruto had come to class that morning he had been quieter and more subdued than the boy usually was. Since he had spent so much time with Naruto it wasn't hard for Iruka to figure out that Naruto's attitude change was because of the boy finding out about the Uzumaki Clan. Worried about his little brother, Iruka calmly said, "Naruto, how are you holding up after what you found out yesterday?"

Naruto let out a small sigh before he smiled and said, "I'm doing reasonably well Iruka. The Uzumaki Clan Codex has a lot, and I mean a lot, of information on my clan and the Ranseigan." Seeing Iruka's curious face Naruto continued to talk. "Did you know that the Uzumaki, the Uchiha, and Hyuga are all descended from three different brothers who trained under the Six Realms Sage? I bet you never imagined something like that before. Or the fact that the Uchiha are descended from the youngest of the three brothers, while my clan on the other hand, is in fact descended from the oldest of the three." Naruto cracked a slightly wider smile as he looked at Iruka's shocked face.

That little revelation of Naruto's had completely shocked the scarred Chunin. The origins of the Uchiha and the Hyuga clans had always been a complete mystery to Iruka or any other person that Iruka had talked to about those clans. Both the Uchiha and the Hyuga were notoriously tight lipped when it came to the origins of their clans. In fact it had been whispered by some people that the Uchiha and Hyugas themselves didn't know of the origin of their clans and their bloodlines. The most popular and widely accepted theory among the Konoha ninjas was that the Sharingan and thus the Uchiha clan was an offshoot of the Hyuga clan. Personally Iruka had never believed this theory as it had too many variables and inconsistencies for his tastes. To have that particular mystery solved greatly pleased Iruka who was a closet detective novel fanatic.

Although he was pleased with having that mystery solved Iruka became very worried for Naruto. The political ramifications for Konoha if the origin of the Ranseigan, Sharingan, and Byakogan became common knowledge were immense. While some of the nastier parts of Konoha would be enraged that 'the demon brat' was connected to two noble clans; that was not what worried Iruka. By the laws of Fire Country and thus Konoha clans could only separate under certain rare circumstances. Unless the Uzumaki Clan Codex had a written account of one of these very limited circumstances happening then there were in fact no Hyuga or Uchiha clans. At least, the Hyuga or Uchiha clans wouldn't exist in a legal sense. From a legal standpoint the Hyuga and Uchihas were in fact Uzumakis with Naruto as their clan head. If Naruto chose to reveal this fact he would automatically become a chieftain and would, despite any protests that people would be sure to throw, have all of the political power that the Uchiha and Hyuga clans had accumulated.

Looking over at Naruto, Iruka could see that Naruto was well aware of this fact. If this had been the Naruto of a year ago Iruka was sure that the boy would have been yelling this fact out as loud as he could. However for Iruka's peace of mind, Naruto had greatly matured since the two of them had started to have their private lessons. The Naruto sitting calmly in front of Iruka was able to accept what the facts he had revealed meant and their potential consequences if they ever got widespread. Given Naruto's dislike for Sasuke and how a majority of the Hyuga clan acted; Iruka was sure that Kakashi would sooner step into a gay bar with Guy then Naruto would admit in his connection to those two clans in public. A small part of Iruka was however disappointed that Naruto wouldn't likely admit of his real position. Iruka would have done a year's worth of D-ranked missions without pay just to see the looks on Hiashi's face when the old stiff was told that he wasn't in fact a clan leader but had to obey Naruto.