Bad Father (dad!tom)

Silence reigned the house. All you could hear were the crickets outside. You and Tom were settling into your bed while your daughter slept peacefully in her bed across the hall.

You were reading a new book you'd bought recently about motherhood with toddlers and all that stuff to pick up some tips. Tom was laying besides you, looking intensely at the ceiling, as if he had X-ray vision and could see through the concrete.

He seemed so into his thoughts it felt almost mean to bother him. But oh well-

"You alright over there?" You asked and he snapped out of it, looking at you sympathetically with a brief nod and a quick smile, and he proceeded with his ceiling-seeing activities.

"You sure? Seems like-"

"(Y/n), can I ask you something?" He interrupted and you nodded eagerly. It was weird for Tom to interrupt. He was a very good listener and usually, he didn't do so. Something was definitely wrong.

"Sure, 'S up?"

"Will you answer honestly?"

"Yes, Tom." You said, and he looked at you with those gorgeous chocolate eyes, although at the moment those were coated with worry and guilt, leaving you dumbstruck as there was no reason for him to be feeling that way.

"I- I wanted to know, uh... Do you think I'm a- a bad father?" Your eyes widened at his comment. Bad father? Where had he gotten that idea, the poor thing?

"What do you mean bad father? Why?"

"I've been feeling like it's been that way lately. I have a little toddler and I'm away, working, all the time, and I feel like I'm being a fucking bad dad for June. And a bad husband for you as well. I'm never home, and honestly I feel like shit-"

"Baby, It's alright. You are not a bad father. You're doing all you can do. You got a hard job, that's it."

"But I'm never taking care of June, nor taking care of you! What if she- what if she forgets me or hates me, we almost don't spend time together!" He explained, as you shook your head. He was running a hand repeatedly through his now messy head of brown curls, identical to his daughter's.

"June would never forget her daddy. And darling, she's 2 and a half. And I'm alright. I understand how hard is to juggle up work, family and love life all at once."

"I just feel like I'm a fucking bad dad. I'm really sorry." He said in the brink of tears and you pulled him in a hug. "Don't beat yourself up this way, Tom. She and I love you to the moon and back. You're an amazing dad and husband and I admire you for that every day."

"Thank you, darling. I love you so fucking much you can't imagine." He said softly as you hugged him tighter with a hum "Love you too, Tom."

"It still feels bad, though..." He said then, almost in a whisper. "What?"

"I don't know, it's just we haven't been on a proper date almost since June was born. And I miss you, baby. I miss us. Can we maybe, like, drop her off someday at my parents' one day and get a day off together?" He suggested and you pulled back from the hug, nodding your head as you ruffled his now even messier curls.

"Yes Tommy, of course we can." You said and he smile, you mirroring his actions right after. You leaned in for a kiss and he happily gave you one, an innocent, sweet kiss, that lasted long enough to make your belly explode with butterflies.

"You know what? I think... I think imma stop accepting roles out of the UK. We've got quite some money, so I'm only doing British stuff for some time. Therefore, I'll stay here with you guys." He told you and you raised your eyebrows.

"You sure, Tom? That really is something."

"Yes, my love. And, you know, if we wanna have more babies, I gotta show you we can build up a bigger fam."

"You want to have more?"

"Uh yeah... Don't you? It's perfectly fine if you don't want to. It's your body. You're the one that carries a life for nine months. I'm sticking around no matter what."

"I do want more children. I just thought you... wouldn't." You shrugged, and he shook his head vigorously.

"No, of course I do! I'm a family man. I love kids. Only if it's with you though." He said and you smiled. He was such a sweetheart.

"That's good to know." You said with a shy smile and he rubbed his thumb against your rosey cheek.

"I miss when you were pregnant. You know, you looked fucking beautiful. And, might I add, very sexy as well." He grinned and you scoffed, hitting his chest playfully.

"Oh, shut up!"

"What, I gotta say it! You pregnant was a big turn on." He said and you rolled your eyes with a smile.

"I was carrying your child, Thomas." You said and he shrugged "Doesn't change the facts."

"To be honest, I did enjoy being pregnant. And I was actually gonna talk to you about it some time soon." You told him and he raised his eyebrows, eyes widening.

"Are you- are you suggesting me to- get you pregnant?" He asked with a dumbstruck look on his pretty face.

"I think so, yeah." You both smiled and he hovered over you, placing his arms by your sides. "Well, you don't have to ask me twice." He replied cockily just before crashing his lips against yours, softly but passionately.

Your legs slid easily around his hips, pulling him closer as you ran your hands through his curls, occasionally tugging a little, which made him moan in return. You smiled into the kiss and he did as well, giggling softly. Just as he was about to take your pijama shirt off, a voice came from the doorframe of the bedroom.

"Mummy, daddy." Your daughter whined with her little voice, and Tom literally jumped off of you, muttering a little 'fuck', neither of you expecting your little girl to be up at this hours. You giggled softly as Tom almost fell off the bed and turned your attention to your daughter.

"Sweetie? You had a bad dream?" You asked her softly and the curly haired brunette nodded with an adorable pout. She got into your bed, burying her little body between Tom's and yours.

"Okay princess, you can sleep here, but only tonight, okay?" Tom asked her, giving her a pointed look.

"Yes, daddy. I love you." She answered and they hugged, making your heart melt as usual.

"Tomorrow I'm dropping her off at my parents' for - well you know, baby making." He whispered in your ear as soon as June fell asleep, and you grinned, nodding your head.

"Can't wait."