Different Kind of Rich (Misaki's POV)

We headed down the long corridor to a large staircase. This place is huge. I mean, my mansion was big, but this place is huge. We walked til we got to a big kitchen. There was a woman standing at the counter mixing something in the bowl. She had long black hair and had a maid outfit on.

"Asaki? Could you make some breakfast for Misaki please?" Vale speaking took me out of my staring. The woman turned around at the sound of Vale's voice.

"Oh. Good morning Master Valentine. Yes, I have already fixed something for the Mistress." She spoke with a slight accent. She turned toward me.

"Good Morning Mistress. My name is Asaki Mokoto. I'm the head maid of the estate. I'll be in charge of your personal maids." She said bowing. I waved my hands back and forth.

"Oh n-no. You don't need to bow. It's nice to meet you. Thank you for the meal." I said blushing.

She nodded and turned back to Vale.

"Master? Would you like me to arrange for the mistress to have clothes delivered?" She seemed to be a quite serious person. Vale nodded.

"Mistress. When you are ready, please write down your sizes on a piece of paper, and I will have your maids bring your clothes to you. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to attend to something. Good day, my Lady and Lord." Asaki bowed and walked out of the kitchen.

"I'm sorry if she seems a little....off. She isn't really a talkative person." Vale said, leading me to the counter where Asaki left a plate of eggs and bacon.

I picked up the plate and sat down at the table.

"It's fine. She kind of reminds me of the me I am at school ...." My eyes widened. School? School!

"Oh my gosh! School! I forgot about school! What will I do? I've missed so many days." I said panicking and pacing.

Vale reached out and grabbed my arm, and hugged me to him, my face pressed against his chest. He smelled like lavender.

"Now calm down. I have taken care of it. Your school had already been notified that you had been pronounced dead. I can only assume that your father did it to cover any tracks of you being alive." He said rubbing my back.

"Oh..." I didn't really know what to say. He was right. My father would be the only person that would do that. I sighed. I wonder what mother would think of all of this. I sat back down in my seat, and continued to eat.

"Misaki? Do you regret meeting me, or me saving you?" He asked sitting down across from me. I shook my head. No of course not. How could I. I owed him my life, and I have to admit, even though I had only met him recently, I love him.

"Of course not. Not only do I love you, but I owe you my life." I reached across and put my palm on his face. "I wouldn't be here without you. I'd be dead or out on the streets. You're my reason for living." I smiled, tears of joy welling up in my eyes.

"It just hurts that my father never really loved me. I mean. As a child, it was hard to tell whether he just favorited my brother over me, or if he actually hated me. Growing up and dealing with his constant demeaning words, and occasional slaps, I started to realize that he really didn't care about me. I was always alone." At this point the tears of joy had changed to sadness.

"I didn't have any friends at school. Even though the school was a prestigious private school, majority of the students were on scholarships. So not a lot of people had money like I did. People thought that, because I was rich, I would have an attitude or something. Often people would use me for my money, and then ditch me. It got to the point where I just didn't talk to anyone. I didn't know who to trust and who not to trust. I craved for someone to talk to. To hold me, and tell me that everything would be ok. That they would give me the love I so desperately craved." Vale got up and moved behind me, slinging his arm around my neck and kissing my head.

"Well now you have me. I will give you all the love you want and deserve, plus more for eternity." I smiled and rubbed his arm.

"Yes. And I am grateful and happy to have found you. You are the light to the darkness in my world. And I can not express the gratitude that I feel for you, or the love and emotions welling up inside me." I took my plate and sat it in the sink, and turned back to Vale, and kissed him. He kissed back with hunger.

"Ohh. Someone's getting feisty." I said lifting my eyebrows. Vales' booming laughter filled my ears.

"Come. Let's retreat to the movie area. We can sit and watch a movie." Vale suggested.

"That sounds nice. We could watch-" I was interrupted before I could finish.

"Pardon the interruption, your highness, but you have a visitor." A guard I guessed peeked into the room.

"Who is it? I'm not expecting anyone." Vale said, raising an eyebrow.

"It's your fiancé, sir."

His what!