꧁26꧂

Remus had did exactly what he promised and kept Leta and James a secret from Sirius. He went to the library to study and Sirius wanted to go too, probably go kiss him as he read, whilst Peter was somewhere in the castle.

Leta and James lay on the couch in the Gryffindor common room, cuddling by the blazing fire. James's arms were wrapped around Leta's waist whilst their legs were tangled to fit on the small couch. Occasionally, James reached into a packet of jelly slugs.

Leta felt herself get hungry as she bit her bottom lip, watching as James dug his hand into the packet. She then reached her hand in and stuffed mouthful of the sweets into her mouth. "I'm only letting you have them because I love you."

Leta froze still, the jelly slugs stopping by her lips. "James," She whispered, swinging her legs off onto her floor. She began repeating his name as she covered her face with her hands , shaking her head. "I didn't mean it!" He exclaimed, flinging himself up which made the sweets fly all over the floor.

"But you did!" She shouted at the him,standing up and looking at the messy haired boy who shook his head profusely. "Why?" She asked him, gripping onto her hair as she ran her hands through her dark locks.

"You can't! I can't make you happy but Lily can, I'll probably end up marrying my cousin or some other Pure-blood bullshit!" James held his hands between his knees as he looked at the floor. She took one last sigh before calmly saying, "We shouldn't see each other anymore."

And with that she began to walked away towards to portrait with her hands out to push it open but she was stopped. "Leta." James spoke in an urgent tone as he held onto he hand to stop her from leaving.

"James let go." Leta tired to pull her hand from James but she was unsuccessful because his grip was so strong. "Don't make me do it." She sighed as James pulled her hand closer. "Please, don't go." He pleaded to the girl who let out a deep exhale.

She then took out her wand with her free hand and pointed at him, her eyes shut tight as she cast the spell. "Stupefy." The boy shot backwards through the common room, his grip releasing her hand allowing her to push through the portrait and rush back to the Slytherin common room.

                                    ༒
As she ran she felt her eyes go red and her vision became slightly blurry but she held back the tears. That was the closest she had came to crying in years and she wasn't going to let a boy who she had no chances with change that.

Leta got into the common room and ran up to her dorm, stomping on the steps up to her room. She shut the door and hurried to her bed, pulling out the journal along with her ink and quill and began scribbling down what had happened.

All her emotions and thoughts were trapped in the parchment, possibly that was why she hadn't cried in so long.

"Leta!"  Minette called up the stairs to her sister. "You need to help me with these books!" She called up again, her hands full with dusty books that she had been ordered to hand back into the library.

Leta used her finger to wipe any possible tears from under she eyes, not being surprise when the side of her finger was still dry, and got up, leaving the book open on her bed.

                                     ༒
"Leta, I need your help with-" Regulus opened the door to the girl's room, stopping when he realised it was empty. He looked around her room, checking if she was in there hiding to scare him however she truly was gone.

His attention then went to the open book which lay on her bed, the ink and quill still beside it. Regulus made his way over to her bed, sitting down on it and picking up the book and beginning to scan through the pages. He flicked backed a few pages and began reading, his jaw clenching with each paragraph.

                                ༒
Regulus stormed around the castle, looking for Leta who he found leaving the library. He rushed over to the girl, grabbing her arm and pulling her back into the library and behind a bookcase away from her sister.

"You and Potter." He hissed at the girl whose eyes widened. "How did you know?" She asked the boy whose began to turn red. "Your little diary of yours." Leta let out a sigh, remembering that she left it open on her bed.

"I told you to stop seeing him. I knew it wouldn't end well and look what happened." Leta bit her bottom lip and she looked down at the floor then the raging Slytherin. "It doesn't matter now. I'm not seeing him anymore." She gritted through her teeth, walking out of the library and away from the boy who followed her out.

"Yeah, after you got him to love you." He said snarkily as he quickened his step to keep up with her. "Do you think I wanted him too!" She shouted at the boy, her fists clenched as she stopped and turned around to look at him. "Do you think that was the plan!" She shouted again at the boy who scrunched up his lips as he glanced back and forth between the wall and Leta.

"Leta," He whispered to her as she huffed. "No! Leave me alone right now!" She shouted back at the boy before storming away and up into her dorm.

                                         ༒
She felt like shouting at the person who she saw as her younger brother was a reasonable excuse to cry but she couldn't bring herself to. The last time she felt tears roll down her face was the day her brother became a disgrace and was disowned and she felt as if it was betrayal to cry over anything else.

To distract herself, she stayed up late surrounded by different books, studying with her wand behind her ear casting the 'lumos' spell to light her room up. She tried to bury herself with the scent of old parchment and a scented candle she had lit on her dresser.

"Fuck." She muttered as she moved her hair and her wand fell from her ear, rolling off the bed and under it. In the darkness, she leaned over and reached her hand under the bed to get her wand back but as she lifted up her hand, she didn't hit the wood of her bed but the cover to a book.