Chapter 13. No One Like's A Bully

Abby starts the pyramid off by clapping while saying, "Congratulations on another victorious weekend."

Lexi smiles dimly as she claps. She was happy that the group won, especially because they did it without Brooke and beat the Candy Apples. But she was still filling the sting from losing to Chloe.

"You won. However, I see things that I need to fix," Abby continues. "Paige, you were okay in the group, but you know that you messed up that leap downstage. Kendall, on the grand jete, you did it crossing to the right, so we couldn't see if the hips were inline or not. Nia, you did a great job in the group dance. You did not pull my eyes negatively. But I want you to start pulling my eyes positively.

"This week, we are attending Hollywood Vibe. Those judges and the directors and everybody that runs Hollywood Vibe they are from L.A. or they are from New York City. They are looking for the next big thing. The next star, the next little kid to be in their video, or their commercial. So you need to be on you're a-game."

Lexie worries her lower lip. She didn't need Abby to tell her that competing at Hollywood Vibe was going to be hard; she's done it already.

"On to the pyramid," Abby places her hand on the very last picture. "I'm not even going to discuss this. I'm moving on to Paige. You're gonna have to work back up that ladder. Next, I have Nia. You've been working very hard, but you still have to fix those technical issues. Kendall. Kendall, you're still on probation," Abby tilts her head towards Jill. "Mom, it's a long process."

Jill's head tilts heavenwards as she closes her eyes. "Oh my God."

Her dramatics are ignored, and Abby moves up the pyramid. "Mackenzie. You were the overall high score winner of the primary age division. You proved yourself with the group Apples, and you proved your solo. Maddie. Maddie, I thought you did a great job in the group and the solo; oh well, keep working. You need something to work for.

"Lexie, you did a beautiful routine, but obviously, it wasn't good enough. And on top of the pyramid this week Chloe. You did something out there; you made your mother cry; she was brawling. Don't make me cry; make me smile.

"This week at Hollywood Vibe, Chloe, you will be doing a solo again. Lexie, you will be doing a solo, and Maddie, you will also be doing a solo. And we're gonna do a trio. The trio is going to be Chloe, Maddie, and... Kendall."

Lexie's eyes widen; Paige, Maddie, and Chloe are always the trio. Abby must be really mad at Kelly.

"Kendall, you stepped it up from Apples last week, but now I need to see if you can hang with Chloe and Maddie," Abby challenges. "Let me talk about the group dance. It's a contemporary, lyrical routine; I am putting art on stage. It's gonna be about a bully. There needs to be somebody that's the bully. Nia, you are going to be the bully. Somebody has to be the bad guy."

Lexie giggles, covering her mouth. "Nia?"

"I can't imagine that," Maddie comments.

"But she's an actress; she has to act," Abby says.

"That's right, it's acting," Jill agrees.

"So you're gonna be my bully," Abby tells Nia. "Yes?"

Nia nods with a small smile. "Okay."

"You have to be big and tough and nasty. That leaves one more bit of news. I'm bringing in another member, a strong dancer, that can go up against our bully," Abby reveals the last headshot. "Please welcome Payton."

Squealing when the door opens, Lexie runs to hug Payton with the rest of the girls.

"Girls, back in line," Abby orders after a while. Letting go of Payton, Lexie walks back in line, standing beside Maddie. "Payton, you finally have a place, but you need to prove yourself. You are on probation; you are the new kid on the block. It's a whole new ball game. Let's get ready to rehearse. Moms, you're dismissed."