꧁27꧂

She got off her bed and knelt down to grab her wand and look at the book she had hit. She grabbed her wand which was still producing light so she held it up to the book, pulling it out from under the wooden beams that supported her bed which it had been tucked behind.

She sat back on her bed with it and ran her fingers across the leather cover, wondering how she had never seen it before. Carefully she opened up the front cover, looking in the corner of the first page which said,

'diary of Corvus Lestrange'

Leta ran her index finger across the ink writing, feeling the indent the sharp quill had made into the parchment. She then began flicking through the pages of his first year, second year, third year and finally his fourth and final year.

                                        ༒
Corvus Lestrange sat up on his bed, running his hand through his dark hair as he scribbled into his journal, his eyes puffy and cheeks red as tears fell down his face. He sniffed up before continuing to writing, dipping his quill into the ink.

'This will be my final year at Hogwarts. During the spring, I was caught by my father with a muggle girl. I have been able to convince my father to allow me to stay this last year with help from my mother. I attempted to stay another year so I could see my youngest sister for her first year because as soon as this school year is done, I will be gone and my last time with her would of been this spring.

If the person reading this is not one of my sisters, Leta or Minette Lestrange, please find a way to give it to them.

If my sisters are reading, I would like to say that I love you and to let you know that every night, I wish and dream that I will see you again.

Corvus Lestrange"

                                        ༒
Leta ran her finger around the circle at the end of the parchment which had wrinkled, as if a tear drop fell there and over the years it dried out. She licked her lips and closed her eyes, resting her head back on her pillow with the book open on her chest, going up and down with each breath.

She attempted to dream but her mind was rushing with many thoughts. 'Will I repair things with Regulus. Did James actually love me. Is Corvus still alive and if so, where?'

                                      ༒
Minette wrapped her arms around her little sister on the stairs as she sobbed into her arm making the sleeve of her shirt soaking wet. She quietly shushed her in an attempt to drown out the shouts coming from the kitchen.

The broken family had just came back from the Blacks when Corvus was caught with a muggle girl. He continued to protest that he didn't know her and Sirius had gone to meet her and left him with the muggle girl but their father was having none of it.

The two young girls heard the flames which set alight their brothers face of the family tree tapestry. Minette ran her hands through her youngest sister's hair as she buried herself into her chest.

The kitchen doors then swung open so she took her sister's hand and rushed her up into her room where they sat together on the bed.

The shouts and cries continued on the landing of the large house, just outside Minette's room. The older girl began singing nursery rhymes to distract the girl, smiling at her as she wiped her cheeks and began singing along in a weak voice.

The shouts had came to an abrupt end and Leta's mother, Amata, rushed in and wrapped her arms around her two daughters with tears flooding down her red cheeks. Her eyes were bloodshot and she took short intakes and she hugged her daughters tightly. She rubbed the back of their heads as they gripped onto her clothes and pulled their faces into her shoulder.

                                          ༒
Leta's face became red as she tried to focus on her breathing, trying to hold back the tears. She began picking at her nails as she lay on her bed, trying to distract herself from the thoughts of that night. Her exhales were loud and shaky as she pressed the book deeper into her chest.

The sound of stomping coming from the main part of the common room made Leta shot up and hurry to the door to the frustrated Regulus.

She ran down the stairs, almost falling down them, rushing to Regulus with open arms. She hugged him tightly which made him freeze for a second before wrapping his arms around her. "I'm-I'm sorry." She whispered into his ear, her breaths short and voice shaky. "It's okay, it's okay. Just breathe. What's wrong?" He whispered back into her ear in a comforting tone, rubbing her back to calm her down which it did.