Chapter 3: The Bastards

One by one all the club members got up, Charli backing up to one of the members. Alex was still wildly confused, glancing over to Jade with a pleading look, all Jade could give in return was a sympathetic smile. 

Her attentioned snapped back to Charli as she brought one of them forward. He looked nervous and like he didn't want to be there. He had a vest on with a purple scarf, his hair and eyes were also purple. There's a slight chance, the blonde thought, he might like purple. 

Charli wrapped an arm around him and extended an arm forward excitedly, "This is Light!" he awkwardly waved, "He's in charge of the props and lighting! I've tried to convince him to be part of the actors group but I've never been able too." Charli explained, disappointment in her words as she said the last sentence. 

"Yeah that's because you keep trying to make him the love intrest of the main character, which was casted as you," Jade called out. "SHUT UP!"

Light gently pushed Charli off of him and came up to Alex, "It's nice to meet you.. uh... Alex was it?" He asked, a nervous smile on his face. Oh boy. Nobody in this club were a people person, were they? "It's nice to meet you too, Light." Alex replied polietly.

Charli then rushed over to another member, they were completely dressed in white, hair was white, eyes were silver, outfit was white. Charli didn't even have to pull him over before they excitedly walked forward, Charli grabbed their arm anyway, pulling them closer to her. 

"This is Luca!" She cheered. Alex looked at them with confusion, she opened her mouth but before the question came out Luca already answered it, "If you're gonna ask what my gender is, I'm nonbinary, I'm still trying to figure out the exact lable for my gender, but I know it's not the binary genders..." They chuckle, "Just refer to me with he/him pronouns please." 

Alex nodded, "Alright, Luca, that's fine by me, it's great to meet you!" Charli smiled even brighter, "Yay! Luca's my best friend, that makes me so happy to hear you're accepting of him!!! He's one of the actors but also helps out with the script writing!"

She moved onto the last one Alex didn't recodnize. He was wearing a lot of blue, and again, that included his eyes and hair. She's starting to see a pattern. "And this," Charli took a breath, holding out her arms, directing all attention to the guy, "is Sora! He's the director, he formed the club!"

Alex smiled to herself, "Wow, this is..." she let out a little laugh, "a lot to take in..!"

"Yeah," Jade responds, "So, you in?"

The club members stared at Alex intensely as she sweat nervously. I mean... she had nothing else to do this senior year, and she's always wanted to get into acting and writing, so it wouldn't hurt, now would it?

She nodded softly, "Mhmm..." Her nodding grew more noticable as her smile grew wider, "Yeah, I'd love to be in this club. What else am I gonna do all year?"

Charli screamed, running up and hugging Alex, Luca joined her. After a minute of hugs, they seperated. Sora walked up to Alex and looked her up and down, "So, what do you wanna do?"

Alex shrugged, "I dunno, acting and writing I guess." Sora smiled, "Perfect! You can do both!" he offered, "we don't have many members, so we'll take all the help we can get." 

The rest of the period went out pretty chill, looking over scripts, cracking jokes, messing around, all until the bell rang.

The group was talking and laughing amongst each other as they exited the old autitorium, and as Alex stepped out, the chill atmosphere dropped instantly, a different one filled her body as she heard girls screech, all heads turning to a group of three guys walking through the hallway. 

Alex stared in awe, how were they able to attract this much attention just from walking by? "Who are they?" She wondered out loud, Jade came up next to her, "They," she began, "are what we call 'The Bastards'."

She pointed to the guy in red, red fluffy jacket, spikey red hair, a tough demener. "That's Jax. He's the strongest guy in the school, has beaten anyone and everyone who has challanged him to a fight, not losing once. He keeps The Bastards in power, they would've been taken down without him there to beat up the compitition."

She then directed Alex's attention over to the one in blue with a blue fluffy jacket, a more casual stance, but still classy enough to not seem sloppy. "That's Drake. He's the biggest cheater in the school, never been in a romantic relationship but we basically assume he'll cheat on those too. Most believe he's the reason The Bastards are able to have near perfect scores in every class. He's never been punished because according to the staff, it's just a rumor, he has never been caught."

And finally, Jade pointed to the one in the center of them, he had a pink jacket and pink hair, his figure all put together, having the perfect badboy vibe, but not as casual as Drake, nor as aggressive as Jax. It was... confident. "And he is Zach. He's basically the leader of their group. Despite being Drake's twin, he's described to be the heartthrob. Almost every girl has fallen for him at this point, he's what made the group popular. Without him, Drake and Jax would just be two delinquints. With the extra good-looker, is it ever a wonder The Bastards became the most popular group in school?"

Alex scoffed, sure, they were extremely good looking, but as their name suggests, they looked like absolute bastards. She then accidently made eye contact with their leader while scanning the halls. She saw a smirk appear on his face as she waltzed over, getting closer to her. The rest of the group backed off. "Hey there darling, you new here?" He flirted. Alex looked into his eyes, she saw the fun he was having with flirting with rando girls. Of course, he was handsome, but with the empty look in his eyes, it was honestly pathetic.

Alex just laughed in his face, the sudden confusion in his look made it harder to hold back the laughter, "You call that 'flirting'?" Alex scoffed, "you're so bad at trying to flirt with someone you feel nothing for."

The blonde walked off, the group was flabergasted by the interaction, silently just followed behind her. 

"How did you just... brush him off that easily???" Luca questioned, Alex shrugged. "I just couldn't take him seriously. Who the hell flirts with someone you've seen once? How desperate for attention does one have to be?" 

School ends, Alex, Jade, and Charli all agreed to have fun in the mall together. Alex drives them all to the mall, and as they all get out they just begin to talk. "I just met you today and yet it feels as if we've known each other for a year, isn't that strange?" Jade wonders. 

"Yeah, it is weird!" Alex agreed. She pushed the door open and in walked the three to the mall. It was huge, much bigger than what Alex was used to. "So, where do we begin?" 

A