the party

-I met Sarah in the bathroom by awfultune

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone had been invited to air temple island for Tenzins 45 birthday. For those who were more reluctant to come, drinks were guarantied. 

"Ugh, why am I even here. I didn't even want to come to this party in the first place" growled lin to herself. "This was all Tenzins idea. Practically ordering me to take time off from work. Who does he think he is!" She muttered to herself as she strode off the ferry boat, closing in on the dim lights and murmurs of far off party goers. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Kya was practically running in circles, playing tag with the youngest airbender "Milo! Come back here you little minx!" She gasped, soon finding herself outside in the cool evening breeze. Milo circled round Kya on his air scooter "OW!... Auntie Kya!" Milo whined after he collided with a tree. "I told you, you need to be more careful Milo." She reprimanded while picking him up. He jumped out of her arms and landed on his feet "look Auntie Kya, I'm fine. See!" Meelo called out while throwing small ineffectual air punches to the tree. Kya just chuckled, instructing him to go back inside. She knew by the looks of the airbenders rather misshaped head that he would be fine.

Kya looked out to the shore line to see Lin on her way, muttering something to herself. Kya chuckled slightly at the rather nervous looking metalbender. "Hey Lin, over here" She yelled. Lin looked up broken out of her thoughts, seeing Kya, yelling at her to come over faster. "Give me a minute Kya!" She called out while increasing her speed. Finally, Lin had made her way over to the waterbender, making eye contact with one another. "Long time no see Linny!" she greeted, knowing the nickname would piss her off, and to that Lin rolled her eyes "I thought I told you not to call me that, sugar princess" Lin jeered back "Tsch, c'mon lets get inside before we say something we regret." Kya winked back at her making it clear she had won. Lin stood there in awe, as a slight blush creeped up on her.

D-Did Kya just wink at me? no, no she couldn't have. It was probably my mind playing tricks on me. Right??

Lin quickly composed herself and went to catch up with Kya who was already inside. "So, Tenzin promised me drinks, I'm gonna need it if I'm to make it through the night" Lin chuckled softly to the water bender who knew all too well. "I kept you some bottles of beer in the fridge, ill go get them for you" "You know me too well Kya" Lin called out over the incoherent murmurs "Oh I don't think so just yet" Kya quipped back giving Lin another wink as she trotted off to fetch her drinks.

Again? Another wink. did i see that right? Lin stood there in a daze, not sure what was happening. "Lin. Hello, earth to Lin" Her sister waved in her face snapping her back to reality. "Huh? Oh yes, what did you say Su?" "I was asking you why your face is beet red, silly. HUH! You have a crush on someone don't you Lin!" her sister teased "I DO NOT! I am not some sex crazed teenager unable to keep it together!" Lin spat at her sister. Suddenly, the room fell silent, everyone looked towards the two. "Whatever you say chief cranky pants" Su smirked before walking off, knowing she had stroke a nerve.

"What was that about?" asked Kya who had just come back, she handed the bottle to Lin, and for a small moment their hands touched and it felt like electricity. Lin swiftly drank most of her drink at once is an attempt to drown out the inappropriate thoughts that raced through her mind. Tonight was going to be a long night. "O-oh, its nothing, don't worry about it" Replied Lin, Kya of course knew better but didn't dare push, not yet at least. Lin finished her drink in a matter of minutes and made her way to the kitchen, letting Kya go to find Korra and Asami. With a new bottle in her hand, she returned back to the crowded area, and made her way over to Tenzin to wish him a happy birthday and handed him his present.