02. Persona

CHAPTER TWO( PERSONA! )

CHAPTER TWO
( PERSONA! )

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HATE TRELAWNEY SO MUCH," Theodore commented.

It was like a breath of fresh air once the quartet left the attic. However, Jessica did not make it unknown about her immense dislike for the subject.

"Her entire class is illogical, there is no rhyme or reason to it. What if she's a complete loon, and is spouting out bullshit?" Jessica turned to the lanky boy with a pointed look. "I don't want to waste my time on that."

"And if you get a Troll on your OWLs, you won't get the academic validation you so desire," Blaise noted mockingly.

"Ouch," Theo and Albert chorused.

Dumb and dumber swayed about the halls with their arms around each other's shoulders while Blaise and Jessica trailed behind.

"As if you're any better, Zabini." Jessica squinted. Not making any effort to disagree, the towering boy simply ruffled her hair teasingly.

If she was going to be honest. She didn't know why she felt so bothered by the puffy-haired Professor. Perhaps it was the beady bug eyes that stared into her soul, or maybe it was the stiflingly hot room that made her feel like she was seconds away from having an asthma attack.

"Lighten up, it's an easy class. What's the worst that could possibly happen. She already brought up our dead parents, hard to top that," Albert mused.

"Ah yes, the dead parents conversation is always a great icebreaker." Jessica replied dryly.

There was no way that their mother was still alive. Someone would have told us. Dumbledore would have surely said something. Scratch that thought, Dumbledore would never tell us unless he benefited from it. She thought bitterly.

Professor Kettleburn would have said something if I asked the right question. But he retired. He always told stories about mum. Jessica cursed herself for being so naive, what about Professor McGonagoll? Surely she wouldn't have kept something so important from me?

Albert glanced back at his twin that was a few steps behind the much taller boys. He could feel his sister start to spiral, and her furrowed eyebrows only supported his assumption that Jessica's mind was billowing with turmoil. There was only one way Albert knew to get Jessica out of her own head.

"Keep up, dumbass."

Jessica only replied with a not-so-kind gesture and a threatening smile. Which was good enough for him.

Albert knew what his sister was thinking. And he too had the urge to find the answers to all the questions that seemed to jumble inside his mind. But knowing the answer meant uncovering an aspect of their lives that could have very well been hidden from them for a good reason.