🌹🌹🌹

Months. Long bloody months of suffering. That is surely how the mad king of England would describe it. Why so? His precious little lamb - Samuel Seabury - is gone. Samuel threw a fit of rage as he stormed out of the palace as a free man after he angrily resigned on that same day. The way he disrespectfully shouted at the king is still vividly marked in everyone's head as if it just happened yesterday.

All those who have witness it were morely shocked by the fact that the king himself responded to the situation with no more but utter silence. No "Find him" kind of others. No "Execute him" kind of commands - no nothing.

"I think Seabury broke his majesty," A servant remarked - murmuring to his colleagues as they were still rather stupefied about King George's peculiarly stoic reaction. But underlying that face of neutrality was a broken man, crying internally about the lost of the only true person whoever loved him.

Everyday, he awaited for Samuel's return. He had hoped that Samuel would come back to serve him once more or at least just to see him again. Albeit those expectations were defeated by the bitter reality that none of it came true. All that hope was for nothing and was merely just a waste of time. It was sickening and it stressed him out. He fulfilled his duties as he normally would. He continued to serve his country well, just as he always has. But even so, the loss of Samuel Seabury was still something that continuously pained him day by day.

. . .

And as for today, he was able to have some time to himself. He was on his way to his private library but as he was, he ended up stopping by the garden. As always, everything was pristine and was absolutely gorgeous. A specific flower bed that has seemed to catch his interest was a bed full of white roses. He picked one from the flower bed.

"Samuel loved white roses." King George reminiscined. No wonder his majesty was oddly interested in said roses all of a sudden. Albeit a soft groan escaped from his lips upon accidentally piercing his finger with the rose's thorns. Samuel Seabury - indeed - was like a white rose; beautiful as it may appear, and a symbolism of grace and innocence. Hold it with care and it will be reciprocated unto you. But be careless like the king and you may just become another victim of its deadly thorns - just as what happened with Samuel's stupefying outburst and resignation, as well as the list of reasons that caused to lead up to said event.

In an absent-minded manner, the king's bloody finger has seemed to taint beautiful pearly white petals. For a few moments, he stayed there and pondered. He has had enough of Seabury's shenanigans and he demands to see him. But as the 'good friend' he is, he shall let off with a letter first - a warning to be specific.

He either comes back or he will succumb to death.

A small devilish grin formed on the king's pale face as he relinquished the tainted flower and trailed away to put the leisure of losing himself in a world of wonderous books and to replace it with his newfound plan.

. . .

King George was feeling quite generous these past few months. And so, he thought of giving Samuel some time allowance. Although as the weeks passed, he woke up to receiving nothing. He didn't like this. Not at all.

As for Samuel's point of view, he was in a bit of dilemma. He knew that if he came back there, it would cost him his mental and physical state. But if he doesn't, it would immediately cost him his life. Albeit either way, it is still one hell of a death trap. Thinking that the king wouldn't actually be able to do it. He's known him personally for a few years now, so a part of him had this safe feeling.

Little did he know that no friendship could save him now.

. . .

If Samuel isn't going back to the king, then the king would just have to come to him. The servants knew that this day would come, they just didn't know when. The royal carriage strolled through the road - away to a rather isolated area in England where it seems that Samuel currently resides in. This is good for the king because there won't really be anyone to witness, but bad for Samuel because of that fact.

Upon reaching their destination, a group of redcoats stood firm at the front of the house. One stepped to the front and spoke, "Samuel Seabury. In the name of the king, we command for you to open the door this instant."

There was nothing but silence.

The other checked through some of the windows and noticed that the doors were blocked and same were the rest of the windows. It seemed that Samuel knew they were coming and prepared himself. He reported this to the king and His Highness responded responded with the command to ask again; but with no response, they force their way in. This isn't really illegal or anything. The king strictly explained his terms and solemnly stated the consequences if they were not met. Samuel knew this, but it seemed that he cowardly accepted his death.

With the redcoats forcing their way into the house, they scanned around - in search for Samuel Seabury - while the king awaited in the carriage.

So...

What comes next?

[  Thats right! You, the reade, get to choose Samuel's fate. Do you wish for him to escape or do you wish for him to die? The choice is yours. Choose wisely...  ]