Plot Twist

It was a cold Sunday afternoon, as Mira was reading her book in her makeshift tent at home for a comfortable reading, she was slowly falling asleep. It had been raining so, the weather was gloomy and she was feeling sleepy for a while.

Light rumbling sounds of thunder woke her up, she stretched and got up with a sore neck and suddenly she realized her surroundings were not familiar anymore. But still it had a somewhat resemblance from what she read from the book as Gwen's room and Gwen was the main character's best friend. She was terrified, she tried to go back to sleep but every time she woke up in the same place.

"This has to be a dream!" She exclaimed.

"How do I get out if it's not one?" She thought to herself.

But the idea of a dream soon vanished when there was a knock at the door.

Mira's adrenaline was rushing and she didn't know what to do but she finally with her hands shaking, opened the door.

"Gwen, I can't explain what I've been through the last couple of days." Dahlia, the main character from the novel said with a sigh.

Mira thought she must be dreaming, the character in front of her cannot be real and how can she be Gwen, she tried to pinch herself out of the dream.

"Ouch" She winched in pain.

"This is not a dream" She muttered.

"What are you saying?" Dahlia asked.

"Nothing, you were saying?"

"So, I found out Charles is not my real father" Dahlia said.

She went on a trip with her parents as Mira had previously read in the book.

"What, how can that be?" Mira asked curiously.

Dahlia started explaining everything, how Charles adopted her when her mother and he got married when Dahlia was only two years old. Her mother did add that her biological father is not a bad man and she should not think of him as one, he just had different dreams to pursue and hence, she let him go.

"He lives in London and I want to go, Gwen." Dahlia said.

"I want to know why he left me and I am sad, will you come with me?" She asked.

Mira thought to herself that maybe reuniting Dahlia with her father may transfer her to the actual world and that is why she agreed to go on this journey. She was being a bit selfish but somewhere deep inside her heart, she wanted to help her too.

       They were standing in front of the address Dahlia's mother gave her and it was a bakery.

"John's Fresh Bakes." It read.

At the sight of this bakery something in Mira jolted, her long buried feelings for baking. She used to love baking when her brother used to be around but now, she doesn't even have baked goods.

"Let's go in" Dahlia said.

"I'll stay here, you go in." Mira said.

"I know it is hard for you to go in but please" Dahlia pleaded.

Mira thought how did she know about her disliking towards baking. Gwen didn't hate baking, she did. It was rather strange but she couldn't just say no to her. So, they walked in.

"How may I help you?" The person behind the counter asked politely.

It was a cozy looking place, with artistic paintings and teal green chairs for seating, the tables were of cream color and had a golden border around them. There were books at the other wall and soft music was playing.