Anecdote

~°•°•°•°~

Selene is the goddess of the moon, which she drove every night across the skies. Selene was a Titan goddess and the daughter of the Titans Hyperion and Theia along with her two siblings, Helios and Eos.  She was considered as one of the lunar goddesses.

She has the beauty comparable to Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty. And was admired by many, not just because of her beauty but because of her kind heart. Even those gods has eyes on her.

But because of the admiration and attention she gets from gods and humans, some goddesses became jealous. One of them is Aphrodite. Nagseselos si Aphrodite dahil napapantayan ni Selene ang gandang taglay niya. Pero mas lumamang ito sa nakukuhang atensyon na nagpasiklab ng galit niya sa dibdib.

<>

One day, Selene decided to visit the human world and leave Olympus for the meantime. She wants to try living with the humans. Upon hearing the news, Aphrodite immediately made a plan. With the rule about gods and goddesses should have no intimate intercourse with animals, her scheme will surely went well.

Selene decided to live in a secluded village as a normal person. As days goes by living with the humans, men became fond of her because of her beauty. As a result, women became jealous and angry. Dahil laging inaabangan ng kalalakihan ang kanyang paglabas sa maliit na kubo.

Muntik na nga siyang magahasa dahil sa angking ganda. Mabuti nalang at nakaligtas siya. Isang mahigpit na pinagbabawal ang paggamit ng kapangyarihan ng diyos laban sa mga mortal. Kaya naman gamit ang kakayahan sa pakikipagbuno ay nakaligtas ang munting dyosa.

One night, when Selene is sleeping peacefully, her house was caught on fire. Thankfully, she got out of her house on time. Pero natupok na ng apoy ang buong bahay niya na siyang ikinalungkot ng diyosa.

Then she desperately ask for help from her neighbor. But no one seems to hear her. For no one came. Walang lumapit sa kanya para tulungan siyang mapatay ang apoy sa bahay.

Well, out from her knowledge, Aphrodite takes advantage of the jealousy of those mortal has for Selene. Aphrodite was the one who incited those women to make a move against Selene. Looking the situation of the pity goddess, Aphrodite sneered. And then decided to fan the feelings of Selene using the women in the village.

Then after sometime, women appeared with torches in hands. So she smiles to them and hopefully asks for help. But to her dismay, she was greeted by torches thrown against her.

Agad niyang prinotektahan ang sarili at iniiwasan ang mga ibinabato sa kanya. Pero hindi pa rin naiiwasang madali at mapaso siya ng mga ibinabato sa kanya.

"Isa kang mangkukulam! Umalis ka dito!"

"Dapat kang mamatay!"

"Tama! Patayin natin ang mangkukulam!"

"Patayin natin ang mangkukulam!"

"Patayin ang mangkukulam!"

"Patayin!"

Mas naging agresibo ang mga kababaihan.

Left with no choice, she ran for her life. Away from the village. She ran inside the said dangerous forest. The Malayan Forest. Where many creepy tales were told by the villagers and elders.

According to them, this forest is full of dangerous animals like wolves, leopards, serpents and the rarest animal named chimera. A fire-breathing monster having a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.

With bruises and wounds, she went deeper and deeper into the woods. Then she finally stops in her tracks in the middle of the forest. Masakit ang kanyang kaloob-looban dahil sa sinapit mula sa kamay ng mga mortal.