1 | the start of the season

—

Two years had since passed after that day in the late Viscount Bridgerton's study. It was now time for Grecia to be presented to society. After the success of the previous season, with the marriage of the now Duke and Duchess of Hastings, this season was highly anticipated.

For this year, both Eloise Bridgerton and Grecia Ainsworth would be presented before the Queen.

"I feel as if I'm suffocating but my corset isn't on." Grecia panted as she paced around her room in the Ainsworth Manor.

Eloise had walked over as soon as her house hold had waken, for the two families lived next to each other.

"Calm down Grecia." Eloise tried to stop her from pacing, but it was no use. "Why is it that I am calmer than you?"

Grecia chuckled, "I have not a clue Eloise."

Eloise steadied the youngest Ainsworth by holding her shoulders. "You shall be fine, just breathe."

Grecia nodded, "I will be waiting for you, at the palace."

Eloise grinned, "And I, you. For now, I must bid you adieu Grecia."

Grecia nodded and her lady's maid walked Eloise out before she came back to help Grecia prepare for her audience before the Queen.

Adorned in a dress made of pure white silk, with intricate beading cascading down the length of her dress. A long train that lay folded on her arm, glistened with gold detailing that only the finest modiste could achieve.

Atop her head, a beautiful golden crown was placed on top of her curls, with her hair itself pulled back into a delicate bun, adorned with gems and feathers.

A simple gold necklace with diamonds running around its length sat at the hollow of her neck.

The only word one could possibly use to describe her was ethereal. An incarnation of true beauty itself.

So as Grecia waited with her mother behind the ornate golden doors that hid the members of the ton from view, she could hear them announce Eloise and watched as her friend walked through those doors.

Grecia did not know what transpired between Eloise and the queen, but she could only hope that it was positive.

"Miss Grecia Ainsworth. Presented by her mother, the right honorable, Duchess Ainsworth." They heard the announcer.

Grecia took one last deep breath before the doors opened and the stepped forward, her head held high as she glided gracefully towards the Queen. She saw the familiar faces on her father and brothers standing amidst the crowd, right next to the Bridgerton family, of which the eldest had his eyes glued on her.

Grecia bowed daintily before the Queen, making sure not to loose her balance as she cast her eyes on the floor, waiting for the Queen's reaction.

The crowd watched as the Queen stood up from her throne and descended upon the step separating her from the rest of the nobles. She stood before Grecia and grasped her chin gently and tilted her head up and Grecia rose from her bow.

Her majesty's eyes swept over the young lady and an inkling of a smile tugged at her lavishly red lips. "Perfection." She muttered, just loud enough for the room to hear.

Grecia blushed and her cheeks were colored with a hint of pale pink as the Queen took her throne and Grecia and Ophelia walked out of the throne room.

"Did that really just happen?" Grecia whispered as soon as her mother and herself were in the hallway.

Ophelia smiled proudly, "I believe it just did. Oh Grecia, I'm so proud of you."

"The house is going to be full of callers tomorrow morning." Grecia smiled. "How...lovely."

Eloise walked up to her after every debutante had been presented and it was now time to retire home.

"The Queen smiled and said I had lovely hair." Eloise rolled her eyes. "You?"

"She called me perfection." She offered her a dazed smile.

"Lady Whistledown is going to be abuzz this season, what with a new diamond in our midst." Eloise grinned.

Grecia laughed and shook her head at her friends antics. Perhaps Eloise was right, but we shall only know the next morning.

So as the two friends walked away, one was unaware of the longing gaze a certain Bridgerton boy had cast upon her. Anthony Bridgerton watched from his horse as Grecia and his sister took the same carriage back home.

The social season has just begun, dear readers, and yet we have already have a certain young lady who has received the utmost of high praises from the Queen herself.

Perfection was the word used to describe one Grecia Ainsworth, daughter to the Duke and Duchess of York.

This author thinks that this season, Miss Ainsworth has surpassed the title of diamond and is something much more rare indeed.

"Did you see what she has written?" Grecia asked Eloise as soon as she was lead into the morning room of the Bridgerton house and walked straight towards Eloise.

Eloise stood from where she was perched on the sofa and accepted the piece of paper than was Lady Whistledown's society paper. She skimmed over it until she saw Grecia's name and stopped to read it aloud for everyone to hear.

When she was finished, Violet Bridgerton walked towards the two girls.

"Oh, Lady Bridgerton, forgive me." Grecia smiled sheepishly and greeted her mother's oldest friend.

"No need for formalities here Grecia." Violet smiled. "You received glowing reviews from our very own Lady Whistledown, I see."

Grecia nodded, "Indeed I did. I just hurried over to share the news, I must be going now."

"Of course. I anticipate there to be a lot of commotion at the Ainsworth house." Violet smiled and Grecia bid everyone farewell before walking out.

On her way out, she was staring down at the paper in her hands and regretfully was not watching where she was going. She walked straight into someone's hard chest and stumbled back in surprise. Her eyes widened when she met those familiar brown eyes and she orientated herself at once.

"Forgive me, Lord Bridgerton." She said curtly and nodded at him.

Anthony frowned but nodded back, "All is forgiven Miss Ainsworth. Farewell."

Grecia smiled stiffly and then walked out of the house and back to hers to prepare for a very busy morning indeed.

i honestly don't know what to put in authors notes any more
hope you enjoyed it !
— J