The coin story

Note: This is the first story I have ever written so there might be a few weird things. So I was a fan of The Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix and I added a scene with one of the characters and the character uses the word: "Cakesniffer" a lot. So when you see that word, it's an insult lol.

The story is very cringing to me. I used the apostrophe instead of the quotation mark at that time. 

But people improve along the way, right?

Just enjoy the short story.

One evening, Joe was talking to David at the bus stop about his lucky coin. The two boys stood close to each other, looking like an odd pair. David was tall with long limbs and buck teeth, while Joe was short with slicked-back hair and a slight tan.

'Look!' Joe said 'it's my lucky coin!'

'A lucky coin?' David said. 'Lucky coins don't exist.'

'Then I'll show you it's really a lucky coin,' Joe said.

'Okay then, ' David said 'why is it a lucky coin then?'

'My grandfather gave me this lucky coin last week for my birthday.' Joe said ' I decided to test and see if it was real and guess what? It was!'

'You still haven't explained how it's lucky yet. Hurry up! ' David said 'The bus is coming in ten minutes.'

'Oh right. I was holding onto the lucky coin during the Mandarin exam yesterday. yesterday's Chinese exam. And today, I actually passed with full marks!" one hundred marks!'

'Whoa!!' David exclaimed. 'You're actually right! That coin is really a lucky coin, but there's one problem...'

'What?' Joe asked.

'How are you gonna remember that's your lucky coin? Your lucky coin is exactly like all the other coins,' David said. asked.

'Very simple!' Joe said 'Behind the coin, there's a small black dot. See?'

David took the coin from Joe and flipped the coin over. to behind. Joe was right. On one side of the coin, there Behind the coin, was a small black dot.

"Beep beep!!!"

Joe and David glanced up from the coin and saw the bus honking for all the people to get onboard. on the bus.

'Oh, that's my bus. Gotta go,' David said. "Bye, Joe!'

'Bye, David!' Joe waved.

David waved back to Joe and got on the bus.

'Hey kid!!'

Joe saw that his taxi driver was calling him.

'Sorry uncle! I was dreaming,' Joe sheepishly said.

'Kids like you shouldn't dream,' the taxi driver said. 'Come on in!'

Joe got on the bus and the taxi drove off.

'Oh, I almost forgot!' the taxi driver said and stopped the taxi. 'Where are you supposed to go?'

'To 16 Dark Avenue, please,' Joe said.

"Okay, kid,' the taxi driver said and continued to drive him to Dark Avenue.

After an hour, the driver finally reached 16 Dark Avenue, Joe's house. Joe's house was very modern and big, with his house was black and white walls and he had an outdoor pool.

'Okay, kid. That'll be 20 ringgit 50 sen,' said the taxi driver. 'Okay, kid,' the taxi driver said 'that will be 20 ringgit 50 cents'.

While digging his purse for finding the money, for the taxi driver, his Joe's lucky coin dropped out. from the pocket of the purse.

'Thank you, uncle. Goodbye,' Joe said.

Joe left the taxi, car, not realizing knowing his lucky coin had has dropped in the taxi.

Just when the taxi driver was about to leave, a little girl stopped him.

'Wait, uncle!'

That little girl was adorable with pigtails and she was wearing a pink dress with a small red brooch on her collar.

'Hello, little girl. Where you off to?' asked the taxi driver.

'The nearby stationery store,' the little girl said.

'Sure. What's your name?'

'Carmelita. Do you think I'm adorable, uncle?'

'Actually, you're a very handsome little girl,' the taxi driver said as he drove.

'i'm NOT HANDSOME! I'M ADORABLE!' Carmelita shouted. 'SAY I'M ADORABLE, CAKESNIFFER!'

'Okay, okay you're adorable! 'the taxi driver said 'Just be quiet, I'm driving!'

Carmelita huffed and crossed her arms, looking at the taxi driver angrily.

'Just when I thought she was nice,' the taxi driver thought.

During the taxi ride, Carmelita saw the lucky coin on the floor. 'That cakesniffer won't need this that coin,' Carmelita thought to herself. 'Plus, he called me handsome!'

She slowly took the coin and put it in her pocket.

'You have arrived, Carmelita. That will be 5 ringgit 50 sen.'

Carmelita paid the money and stepped out of got off the taxi.

'JUST SO YOU KNOW!' Carmelita shouted, 'YOU AND YOUR TAXI ARE AS UGLY AS SOMETHING I FOUND IN MY TEETH!'

The taxi driver sped quickly drove off because he couldn't stand any more insults.

Carmelita went inside the shop and looked for a pencil box.

'Carmelita what would you like to buy?' a voice asked.

Carmelita turned around and saw the shopkeeper, Mr. Chan.

'I'd like to buy this pencil box for my principal,' Carmelita said, 'and the "thing".'

'Very well. Let me get to take it.'

He looked in the closet and found the thing item she wanted.

'Where's the pencil box?' Mr. Chan asked.

'Can't you see, cakesniffer? It's in front of you.'

'Spoiled as always,' Mr. Chan mumbled, wondering what a cakesniffer was. He made a mental note not to sniff too many of his wife's cakes.

'Okay, that's one blue pencil box and the most cutest pencil. That will be 55 ringgit and 90 sen.

Carmelita used the lucky coin and some notes to buy bye the pencil box and pencil.

'Goodbye, Carmelita,' Mr. Chan said, shaking his head. 'Pity the parents,' he thought.

'Whatever,' Carmelita said replied.

Carmelita left the store and went back home.

Later, David went to the stationery store to buy a new sharpener for school. his math exam.

'Hey, Mr. Chan. ' David said 'I want to buy a new sharpener, for my maths exam next week.

'Sure. That will be 5 ringgit.'

David paid 5 ringgit, got his change and left.

'Wait a moment...' David said, examining one of the coins. 'This is that's Joe's lucky coin! How did it wind up here? I'll give it back to him tomorrow.' David instantly knew that it was Joe's lucky coin because of the familiar mark on the coin.

THE END