A little Help

"Ugh! I can't do this! Just kill me now!" Ruby groaned, pushing her chair away from her desk. She glared venomously down at the paper before her; she had written nothing more for this essay than a single measly sentence in the past 2 hours.

        Blake and Yang had gone out for the evening, though Weiss had elected to stay home and study, but her main goal was to keep an eye on her girlfriend.

        Ruby shrunk back into her chair as she caught sight of Weiss straightening up from where she sat on her bed. The brunette clamped her jaw shut instantly, fearful that her outbursts had annoyed the heiress one too many times.

        She tensed as Weiss got out of bed and made her way over. Ruby knew what was coming:

        "Just shut up and at least try to concentrate! Perhaps if you had even the slightest bit of self-control, you could think for five minutes! Ruby, writing an essay should be simple for you! You're leader of this team and you're in Beacon Academy. Start acting like it."

        Ruby whimpered as Weiss' footsteps came closer, holding her breath and waiting for an outburst similar to that.

        But it never came, and her girlfriend's footsteps gradually faded into the kitchen.

        Ruby let out the breath she had been holding as she slammed her elbows back onto the table, hunching over her paper. Alright Ruby, you can do this, you can do this! You've got this! Just think for a second…

        Her right hand pressed against her temple as her fingers tugged at her bangs. Her left hand was crushing her pen in a vice-grip as she scribbled lines into the wood of the desk.

        Ruby bit her lip, but the ideas simply would not come. She racked her brain again and again for any kind of idea that might start her off, but still nothing came. She groaned again. "Ugh, just… UGH!"

        However, amidst the sounds of her her self-loathing, she had not heard the footsteps approaching her again. Ruby straightened up immediately and opened her mouth to apologize.

        "Weiss, I-"

        But she stopped herself when she saw her girlfriend was right beside her. The heiress placed Ruby's coffee mug, filled with warm liquid and cream and sugar, on the desk before her.

Weiss then pulled up another chair and sat down beside Ruby. Her expression was thoughtful as her eyes flicked over the pitiful page Ruby had composed so far.

        "You haven't gotten very far…" She observed.

        "Yeah, I know, I just-"

        "But the effort you've been putting into this is astounding." Weiss continued. "You've been sitting here for hours stressing yourself out. You've already gotten the rough draft completed, right? So why don't you stop fretting for half a second and take a deep breath?" Weiss pushed the mug closer to Ruby and urged her to drink.

        Ruby smiled tiredly as she accepted the mug and let the warm, sweet coffee soothe her dry throat.

        She then sighed as she put the mug aside. Weiss placed her hand atop Ruby's and gently rubbed her thumb over her sore fingers. Ruby closed her eyes and allowed her girlfriend's calming presence to relax her for a few moments.

        At last, she reopened her eyes and made a triumphant fist.

        "Better?" Weiss asked.

        "Yes. Tons." Ruby grinned proudly. "Thanks, Weiss."

        "Don't mention it." Weiss smiled. "Just take it easy. You've got this." She leaned forward and kissed Ruby's cheek.

        Ruby blushed as Weiss got up to give her her space.

        Feeling more motivated than ever, Ruby stuck her tongue out in concentration as she vigorously continued to write.

Just a little something for Joey~ Her writing test scores are coming soon