First glance

"Thank you very much!" Joe yelled out into the audience of people who had attended his first walk in show of the cruise. The sea of people in the seats before him smiling, laughing and cheering up at him as he finished his final song of the night. "Thank you!" He repeated with a smile as he ran a hand through the smoothness of his hair. The blaring stage lights burning down on him with a white hue, the effect of which made his bright blue suit jacket sparkle slightly.

"Now Ladies and Gentleman, and ladies once again... especially you madam." He spoke into the microphone, winking slightly at a middle aged woman stood in the front row, causing her to giggle softly and a small blush rise onto her pale skin whilst other audience members laughed around her at the singers wit. "I have had a wonderful evening here with all of you, but I'm afraid this is where we must part ways, so have you all had a great time?!"

When the crowed erupted into cheers before him, Joe felt a wild sense of joy flood through the fibres of his body. Every square inch of hair on his body rising as he revelled in the spotlight. The past three weeks which he had been residing back in Brighton making him crave this feeling more than anything else, and now that he had it again, he remembered why.

"That's fantastic, and thank you all very much for being such an incredible audience here tonight! Now, all that I am left to say is thank you, I have been Joe Sugg and welcome on board!"

As he clipped the microphone back on its stand and began jogging gently off the stage, waving at the crowed who had given him a standing ovation for the past hour show he had put on for them. Their first night consisting of watching a young man with heaps of talent sing and make jokes, the combination of which left them smiling from ear to ear as they watched him walk off the stage. Not that Joe could see all of them thanks to the brightness of the spotlight which continued to blare into his face until he had escaped the stage from the left hand wing, instantly grabbing a bottle of water which Adam had handed him as he stood there with a wide smile on his face. His head nodding softly as he clapped a hand onto the performers back.

"Yes, Suggy!" He congratulated with a sense of relief clear in his voice as he hit the brunette on the arm once again as he sat down on a chair just off stage. "Fucking smashed it out the park as always buddy."

"Yeah?" Joe questioned, a slightly smug smile landing on his features as the buzz of the show continued to course through his veins.

"Yes mate. For the first one of the tour it was an absolute blinder. The passengers loved it, you had em' creasing, crying, smiling, the whole nine yards." Adam reassured, clearly as pumped as Joe was that the first event of the cruise had gone off without a hitch. A moment which was always something which had Adam worried.

After all, it wasn't just the first show. It was the first step out there for him to show the passengers what he and his team were capable of. It was his first chance to make a first impression about how good of a company this really was. Yet as expected, his finest soloist and the band behind him had done what they always did. They had entertained, and by god were they good at it.

"Good." Joe nodded slightly breathless, a severity to his voice which alluded to how seriously he really did take his job, despite the wide smile still on his lips as he took another sip of water. "Good, that's one down... uh... how many more to go?"

Looking to the right slightly, Adam thought for a moment or two about his answer. He was responsible for nearly 100 performers over all platforms, yet with his previous experience with Joe, and his slight favouritism to the brunette, the 30 year old was certain he knew the answer.

"Umm, I'd say maybe 14 more solo events and 4 or 5 with dancers, as a standard that is. But you know how these things go, I'm without a doubt going to have to be chasing you up in a couple of days asking you to run another show." Adam responded with a gentle shrug of his shoulders, knowing that the most difficult part of his job started when the cruise had actually begun, the passenger popularity of each event being judged from hour to hour in order to keep the majority of them as entertained as possible for when the swimming pools and bars on board no longer held their interest.