24.

"All I want for Christmas is self-control."
-the author
___________________________

"-the author___________________________

Hazel Fenty

Hazel Fenty

two days later
two days until Christmas

"He's calling you again?" Harlow motioned, referring to my phone. I scoffed rolling my eyes. I declined the call, deciding to put it on do not disturb right after. I had packed up all my gifts I purchased and decided to wrap them at Harlows.

"Can you pass me the tape, please." I asked,
pointing at the dispenser. Harlow reached behind her grabbing the tape then passed it to me. I thanked her as I began taping down the box.

I was still salty about the whole situation. I had every right to be. My mom could've died on that marble floor. I wish I would've known sooner about this, Bashar would've been blocked. What makes it worse is that his friends new about it and didn't say shit to me.

"When you going back to see mama?" Harlow questioned, sliding a box away and then starting on another.

"Christmas, I already done packed her gifts up." I was so excited to see my mom. I had been praying that she'd be awake.

"That's nice Ha. I can take you to go see her when the time comes." I was so thankful for her. Our friendship was so close we were almost like sisters.

"Thank you. Wanna take a break?" I was hungry and it was going on nine in the morning.

"Thought you'd never ask. Let's go." We dropped what he had in our hand and stood up.

"Girl I'm loving these pjs! Rugrats was one of my favorite tv shows as a child, with Chucky being my favorite.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed, posing.

Then her smile faded

Then her smile faded. Her attention reverted to her window. "What?" I wondered, as she fixated her eyes on me.

"Girl, Bashar and Issac just pulled up." WHAT? My whole mood was killed.

"What?" I shook my head in disbelief peeking out the window. There he was, him and Issac, getting out of the car. Harlow made her way out the room,
I followed close behind like a lost puppy.

"I done lost my appetite." I announced, as she opened the door. They quietly walked in, Issac kissed Harlow on the forehead. Bashar looked at me as I stood off to the side. I didn't make eye much contact, instead I scrolled through instagram's explore page.

I turned to leave to go back to the room but Bashar stepped forward. "Don't talk to me." I gritted, glaring at him. I closed the door behind me and sat down on the bed. I instantly started crying. How could he act on such a stupid decision? I could've lost my mom forever.

"I see she's not talking to me still." Bashar said, I scoffed. What the hell 'ima talk to a killer for?

"No, she isn't. I wouldn't talk to you either if you opened fire in a public spot killing innocent bystanders, which of one being my mother." Harlow retorted, boldly. I chuckled at her response.

There was small silence then I heard Issac's voice. "We didn't mean for it to get this bad. We ain't know them niggas was going to follow us, let alone start shooting. They started shooting first." Issac replied trying to defend the situation.

"Still though. It doesn't solve the fact that some people are dead and in the hospital, Issac." Harlow explained. Honestly this whole situation was messed up and my mom still wasn't awake.

Bashar got the hint and left, leaving Issac with Harlow. She didn't seem to be all that mad at him. I guess he was gonna fight for showing that he was sorry. I came out the bedroom sitting on the opposite side of the room. Poetic Justice was on. Justice and Lucky was cussing each other out.

"How you feeling, Hazel?" Issac asked, looking at me. I reverted my attention to him.

"Cool." I shrugged. I didn't want to be bothered with none of them. All y'all are accomplices to the crime that was committed. That's just like putting your hand on a hot stove already knowing it was hot. Issac didn't say anything else, hinting the fact I simply didn't want to talk. I know he felt more bad than anything. I noticed a lot about their little group. Bashar was the leader of the pack, like the godfather. Issac was the negotiator, he had all brain like a genius. Benji was the goofball out the bunch. He had all the laughs but he was also a dumb ass. Cari was more like the baby brother, he was also the youngest in the group. If anybody came to close to trying to fuck with him in the wrong way, they'd regret it for the rest of their life.

"Y'all hungry? I can whip up some wiches and chips." Harlow offered, but I wasn't hungry. Issac told her didn't mind it. Harlow got up, Issac following behind her in the kitchen. I laid down on the couch pulling the blanket over top of me, so I could get more comfortable.

I rubbed my eyes and opened them fully. It was half dark, and quiet. I sighed feeling around for Hazel but she wasn't beside me. I looked around the room forgot my phone but couldn't find it. I probably left it up front. I yawned, and slid out of bed. I opened the door peeking out I still couldn't see but on the wall I could see shadows moving on the wall. Issac must've stayed longer.

"Hey y'all seen my-" I stopped in my tracks seeing Issac giving Harlow a full blown head session on the couch. Her grandmother's door was closed so she was being nasty. I rushed to the couch to get my phone and covered my eyes returning to the room.

"Yikes." I chuckled, laying down in bed. Seconds later the door opened. I looked at the door to see Harlow standing there looking just as in embarrassed. Then we both burst out laughing.

"Damn Ha, why you ain't text me?" She asked, making me look at her like she was crazy.

"You think if I would've had my phone I wouldn't have? Girl, he was going in on you full blast." I joked.

"Yeah, did you see me with my mouth covered?" She came and sat down on the bed.

"Yeah had the pillow in a tight grip." I stifled a laugh.

"Hardy har har." She mocked, sticking out her tongue.

"Don't stick it out at me, no telling where you had that at." I insulted playfully.

"Bitch-" She imputed, making me fall back laughing.

"I'm just kidding." I sang, hanging myself halfway off the bed.

"Yeah right, anyway, um Issac and I wanna go get something to eat. Wanna come?" I pondered whether I should or not. I didn't really have an appetite for real but I felt like there was a catch.

"Where are y'all eating at, and who is going?" I asked folding my arms over my chest.

"Golden Corral, and- the boys are coming to-"

"No thanks, I'll just eat leftovers from last night." Harlow looked away twiddling her fingers. "Harlow..." I said slowly.

"Hm?" She hummed, scratching her head.

"What did you do?" I was becoming frustrated and growing a migraine.

"Issac and I ate the rest of it earlier while you were sleeping." I threw myself out on the bed letting out a agitated groan. "Come on Hazel, don't be like that. Can you please just come along, the minute you feel uncomfortable you and I can leave."Hesitating, that choice sounded rather tempting. Then again I already knew from jump who was coming.

"Fine, let me wash up. I'll be ready in twenty." I gave in rolling my eyes.