Chapter 8.5: The War (Pt. 2)

After a few moments later, they meet up with Diluc at the tavern. "The Abyss Order... Enemies of the human race. Even the underground networks rarely ca!e across any information on them. With that said, it was a bit of a hassle, but I managed to dig up a few clues." Diluc said. "Really? That quickly? You really are well connected, Master Diluc." Venti praised. "Come to think of it, Mr. Big Anemo Archon Barbatos– why exactly do you need to help of mere humans...?" Paimon asked, a bit suspicious. "Ahh.. how do i put it... "The Seven" as people now know them, were once known as 'The Seven Archons'. Each Archon presides over their own part of Teyvat.  That is the role the archons play. Only in performing this duty can we attain power, but i don't like the idea of 'ruling' Mondstadt– and i don't feel Mondstadt would really like it either." Venti explained. "I mean yeah... What is a City of Freedom is; if a God controls them? That sounds like a scam. I don't mean to offend you by the way.." Mayoka spoke her mind. " 'Go forth and establish a city of freedom without rule'. We have not forgotten Barbatos' wish for Mondstadt." Jean said. "Jean... You're such a devotee! Maybe someone got a little too free and is just too lazy to care..." Paimon said... Sound a little like an Insult.

"Ahh.. however it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time. Without a doubt, I am now the weakest among The Seven!" Venti said. "And yet you sound almost proud." Aether said. "Aww you flatter me." Venti said. "Oh, such a humble god... Is it a blessing, or a curse? But we digress. Let's get back to the topic at hand: the common enemy of all mankind. We tracked the Abyss Mage to the vicinity of the winery" Diluc informed. "I cannot stress enough how important it is to not let it escape." Jean said. "Let's hunt it down!"

They went all the way to where the assailants were. But not only there were hilichurls and Abyss Mage there, the wild atma Mayoka explained were also there. "They owned the wild atmad already? Then this is a war between atma snd atma!" As Mayoka finished saying that, she summoned Noni and the Pegasus there. The Pegasus fky up to the sky, before come crashing down, dealing AoE damage to all the surrounding enemies Noni had gathered (woahh game demo XD). The other group handled the Abyss Mage and the hilichurls... Although Aether got froze there for a few times.

"Huh? What's this..? After the Abyss Mage was defeated, a certain energy dispersed from its body... It seems like the energy was being used to cut off the connection between me and Dvalin." Venti said and hummed before turning to Aether. "Aether, do you know of Stormterror's Lair?" Venti asked. "I think i heard the people of Mondstadt talked about it." Aether answered. "Of course. I believe the people of Mondstadt all know of it. After Dvalin woke up, he took the ancient ruins as his lair. As it was with the storms that previously cut Mondstadt off from the outside world, the entrance to the ruins is also sealed by a special barrier. But now, as the energy dispersed from the Abyss Mage, i was able to read tge rhythmic flow of how the barrier's magic was woven. Though i must admit, it sounds even more horrendous than a chorus of hilichurls, but... It should be enough to let us break through the storm barrier and reach Stormterror's Lair." Venti explained.

"Which means we're going to confront Dvalin? I'm fine with that... Jean is the one who wishes to avoid any direct confrontation." Diluc said and everyone turned to Jean. "No. When there are no other options left, it is my responsibility to alter our course of action. If slaying him is our only choice, I will gladly become the knight that leads the charge." Jean declared. 'now thats a huge turn for someone opposing to slay the dragon...' Mayoka thought. "Fortunately, we have yet to need to go that far." Venti said, confusing both Jean and Diluc. "By that, you mean..." Jean trailed off.

"I mean the Holy Lyre is not our trump card. Our real trump card? Aether and Mayoka of course." Venti said. "Aether and Mayoka?" Paimon asked. "Is it because i purified the Teardrop Crystal?" Aether asked. "Correct. But you have much more precious forte. The impurities in the tears, and the curse that binds  Dvalin belong to the same maleficent power. Which means..." Venti got cut off by Paimon. "You Tone-Deaf Bard, don't you know how crazy this is? You've seen what Dvalin is like when he's ticked off! Aether will be swallowed whole before he even lift a finger! Besides, Mayoka didn't even have anything special that can help defeating Dvalin!" Paimon said. "Ah you're wrong about that last one. Mayoka can also help us on this quest!" Venti said. "Huh..? What do you mean..?" Mayoka asked, confused on how her atmas can help. "I sensed it. Those atma you bring have the same aura as Aether's purifying aura. Even so, i just felt a power more powerful than Dvalin within them. Maybe you can assist Aether on how to calm Dvalin down!" Venti explained.