11 | Welcome to the capital

The city's clock of a fountain rings in peal, echoing within every chime as chatter fills the city capital. Citizens rush past to purchase products from the street vendors whilst little kids stumble upon running, laughing in their gleeful game of tag. Colorful festival streamers hang from house to house as if there is a festival, but in truth, there is no special occasion. The city of Strauss is just as active as always.

A hesitant Narra, a smiling Horns, and an excited Norman stand by the city entrance. Narra clutches her cloak slightly, her eyes narrow as she bites her lip. It isn't as if there is trouble in this city, she's concerned that the villagers recognize her appearance. It's been years after all.

Narra breathes in.

“Sh…Should I wear a cloak or –”

A pink hand places itself on her shoulder, making the young woman twich. Norman chuckles at her behavior while Horns gives her a reassuring grin.

“Relax, let's all have fun for today, hm?”

The witch loses her grasp on time as she thinks, but eventually, she smiles and nods at the two males. Horns ruffles her hair before marching on.

“Great! Let's go!”

The group rushes in head forth into the city, bumping into a few people and apologizing briefly before resuming. Dozens, maybe so hundreds of merchants waited eagerly among their stands. Selling various items for various citizens to buy. It's quite crowded, but joyous nevertheless. Even miniature bands play music on the sidewalk.

“Hey you two, look at this!” Horns yells in amazement, tugging Narra and Norman's arm as if he's about to show him something fantastic.

The two allow themselves to be pulled away by the demon with high expectations for his excitement. Could it be a kind of exotic fruit?

Narra and Norman's expectations plummet as they lay their sight on the stall. It showcases a wide array of wooden bowls with different colored powder on them. The aroma is wonderful. Horns grins in senseless pride as Narra lowers her head to take a closer look.

“Spices? That's quite a lot…I wonder if I could use them in brewing.” She ponders.

“Good idea, Narra.” Norman inserts.

Off to another stand.

“Woah…”  Norman stares at the blinking jewelry in awe.

The counter is almost littered with various stones and necklaces. This isn't very safe in regards to robberies – Narra thinks. Horns watches blankly the sidelines, not as interested in costly products.

“That looks quite expensive,” Narra says and the merchant jolts up in alarm, gaining Narra and Horns’ attention whilst Norman remains staring at the jewels.

“Not really, young lady! I say it's only 13 iron for a fine maiden such as yourself.” The scrawny old man flashes Narra a bright smile. He seems genuine, but she carried no interest in such things.

“Hm,” Narra hums in thought, and Norman raises his hand in passion.

“I'll take it!”

“I didn't know you're a jewelry person, Norman.”

“Booze! Booze! Booze!”

Horns cheers as he waddles around with two bottles of liquor in his hands, an idiotic smile on his face. Narra and Norman wonder where he even got those from. Let alone if he paid for it?

“Hey, you!” A scruffy man yells from a road away, steam seemingly emitting from his red face.

Now they know who he got it from. Without wavering, the group lurk away.